Possible fluid in side??

QueenJay

A couple days ago I noticed Nami's right side appeared larger then her left. Yesterday it looked more like a "pouch" of what felt like air had formed on her lower right side. Today it feels more like a fluid and is more tender

You can hopefully tell from the pictures how her lower right side is raised

I brought her to the vet just a few weeks ago for a different concern (unrelated to this) which she got x-rays for and the vet didn't see anything wrong so im at a loss on what's going on as I was told she was fine.

She's acting normal, she's alert and still eating, minus her greens which is normal for her. And Whatever it is that's accumulated doesn't seem to be causing her any discomfort. I thought possible impaction but it's on the top, not underneath so I don't think it's that. Please correct me if I'm wrong

If anyone has any thoughts on what it may be please let me know because I'm starting to get worried and I'm extremely confused on what's going on

She's around 5-6 and I adopted her this past August

Attachments

• 20230202_210812.jpg
    20230202_210812.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230202_210730.jpg
    20230202_210730.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A couple days ago I noticed Nami's right side appeared larger then her left. Yesterday it looked more like a "pouch" of what felt like air had formed on her lower right side. Today it feels more like a fluid and is more tender

You can hopefully tell from the pictures how her lower right side is raised

I brought her to the vet just a few weeks ago for a different concern (unrelated to this) which she got x-rays for and the vet didn't see anything wrong so im at a loss on what's going on as I was told she was fine.

She's acting normal, she's alert and still eating, minus her greens which is normal for her. And Whatever it is that's accumulated doesn't seem to be causing her any discomfort. I thought possible impaction but it's on the top, not underneath so I don't think it's that. Please correct me if I'm wrong

If anyone has any thoughts on what it may be please let me know because I'm starting to get worried and I'm extremely confused on what's going on

She's around 5-6 and I adopted her this past August
We need to have the vet tech on here take look
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks concerning! Is it soft to the touch, or hard? Can you move it at all?
I would guess just by looking that it could be an abscess of some type, or, a tumor, hopefully benign,
but since it is the size it is I highly recommend taking her back in to have that checked out.
It just cropped up suddenly?

Tracie

QueenJay

Original Poster
Hello,

That looks concerning! Is it soft to the touch, or hard? Can you move it at all?
I would guess just by looking that it could be an abscess of some type, or, a tumor, hopefully benign,
but since it is the size it is I highly recommend taking her back in to have that checked out.
It just cropped up suddenly?

Tracie
Yes it just suddenly popped up. It's soft to the touch and i can move it. I sent photos to the vet yesterday but haven't heard anything back yet. Hoping I can get an appointment set on Monday. Should I consider taking her to the ER or is it safe for me to wait?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very strange. It should be fine to wait to get her into a regular vet visit. Unless she is
acting ill or in a lot of pain, you don't need to take her into the ER.
So you can move it & it doesn't seem to be attached internally? Hopefully you can get that taken
care of. Could she have fallen somehow & hurt herself, causing internal issues like a hematoma,
etc? Just trying to figure out what could be going on!
Please let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom