Possible Cataract?

emilys

Yesterday I noticed a small cloud over my bearded dragon's pupil. The other eye is perfectly clear. He is acting fine and eating like usual (collards with a vegetable along with vacuum sealed dubias and a couple superworms with calcium and vitamin supplements). He has reptisun t8 tube lights mounted inside of his tank. He is pooping like normal and it doesn't seem to bother him. Is it possible he scratched his eye? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I plan to call my vet as well, but I would like some more input. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yesterday I noticed a small cloud over my bearded dragon's pupil. The other eye is perfectly clear. He is acting fine and eating like usual (collards with a vegetable along with vacuum sealed dubias and a couple superworms with calcium and vitamin supplements). He has reptisun t8 tube lights mounted inside of his tank. He is pooping like normal and it doesn't seem to bother him. Is it possible he scratched his eye? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I plan to call my vet as well, but I would like some more input. Thank you!
Please post a pic of the eye -- and yes he could of scratched it but we need to see it first -- what substrate are you using in the tank ? And are there any colored bulbs your using?

emilys

Original Poster
No colored bulbs and I’ve just been using shelf liner. I can post a picture when I get home but for now I’ll find one on google that looks like it

emilys

Original Poster
97219856-A40D-4E30-9A93-6612C329C821.jpeg
it looks just like this. This is not my photo. There’s no discharge or puffiness. Everything else is normal.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can't tell , without knowing there was a suspected cataract I only see a bit of glare/ reflection. The owner seeing it from all angles must see it better and if they suspect a cataract just watch it. I don't know that there's any treatment so hopefully the other eye is O.K. and the beardie should be fine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is hard to tell but some have had trouble with eye issues such as a cataract though. Have you
tried using sterile saline solution or diluted raw honey in the eye?
I hope the other eye is good. Does it seem to bother her at all?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom