Possible cancer

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
Hello,

Mr. Wilson is very colorful there. How long is he?
What type of fluorescent tube light from Reptisun are you using, is it a long tube or a smaller,
compact/coil type?
They do need a good amount of UVB, yes. It is a possibility he hasn't gotten enough UVB &
that can contribute to poor absorption issues.
Please post a picture of the UVB so we can see it. So, how much sunlight unfiltered does he
get on a daily basis & is that the only UVB he normally gets?

Tracie
Hard to say how much because we are in and out of the sun all day and if he doesnt want it i let him go to the shade. Probably about an hour on average The bulb I am using now is a 22" small width 10.0. it doesnt put off heat so he has no reason to not stay under it when we are home. I am attaching a pic of the tag on the fixture. thanks

Attachments

• 20220731_071201.jpg
    20220731_071201.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 71

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that light will be fine, it is a T5 Reptisun 10 so he should be getting adequate UVB lighting.
Be sure it is mounted directly beside the basking light, too. He does need a good amount of
time under the UVB light & basking for optimal health.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
Hello,

Ok, that light will be fine, it is a T5 Reptisun 10 so he should be getting adequate UVB lighting.
Be sure it is mounted directly beside the basking light, too. He does need a good amount of
time under the UVB light & basking for optimal health.
How is he doing today?

Tracie
The infection side has been bleeding. It looks like it may be working its way out. the lump or swelling is still pretty big though. Everything has me pretty stressed out.

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
This lump is a lot larger than the other day. I am not taking it well. loosing everything in the fire is just the tip of my issues. I have been through more than anyone should have to deal with and I struggle. Im broke, hot, in pain, and loosing my only real friend. I cried all day. I cant take loosing him now.

Attachments

• 20220802_163604.jpg
    20220802_163604.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 77

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My heart goes out to both of you. We are all hoping he pulls through and is ok!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to hear this, can you start up a Gofundme since you lost your home and your pet needs help ? Many people are able to raise money to ease the burdens and have something for emergency vet bills, food, etc.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thats a good idea!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry for you both! I agree, a gofundme could help out.
You mentioned the lump has gotten larger, it is bleeding off & on right now?
Have you used the raw honey on the area yet?

We are all pulling for you both.

Tracie

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
I thank you all for the comments. Over the last month or so I had been taking him to a vet in Modesto. about 2 hours from me. After several tests and some xrays he determined it was not cancer but an aneurysm. We have racked up a vet bill well over $2000. I had not thought about asking others for help but at this point anything would be extreamly appreciated. We still visit the vet twice a week as they still monitor him and we are trying to clear up the infection. I dont remember if I have mentioned it but because we lost it all in a wildfire Mr. Wilson and I now live in an RV parked off grid in the dirt in this summer heat. The heat is probably his worst enemy now. In order to combat that I try and plan trips in the car around the hot part of the day or I just have to run a generator. I often take him to the top of the mountains where we used to hike alot and the temps are more around 75 degrees. This all has become very costly. I took your advice and created a gofundme for him. Mr Wilsons Vet bills, organized by Richard Silva I feel very odd asking for money but truth is anything would help. I am on disability and that is my only income now. When I did work I made good money as a network design engineer however in 2008 I lost it all. My house and my retirement from poor planning. By 2014 I ended up disabled. It was manageable when we lived in the mountains where rent was cheap but after loosing everything in the fire and now unable to afford rents everything is very challanging and I have very limited resources. I love my dragon and we are always together. If you have interest please visit his instagram page @mr.wilson.dragon there are many pictures there of our adventures. Thanks for all the support.

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
Richard, one suggestion for the Gofundme is to add the vet bills. People will always be more inclined to help if they see the actual statements.
Ok Ill see what I have left. I dont think I have been saving them but Im sure I have some around. Thanks

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
I found some of the bills in PDF form. Gofund me does not seem to allow me to upload them. I will have to work on that. Thanks again

Attachments

• payment_621553.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 109
  • payment_621373.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 118
  • payment_621275.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 86
  • payment_621146.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 95
  • payment_621040.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 105
  • payment_621035.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 89

Mr Wilson

Original Poster
I did find the break down of that larger bill. Seems to be all I have saved

Attachments

• 20220828_111720.jpg
    20220828_111720.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 59

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow so glad to hear that Mr. Wilson is hanging in there. An aneurysm, really? How is he
doing now? I do think a Gofundme would likely help out. At least you did get a vet that helped
out. Anymore, that is rare it seems!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom