My beardy Mr Wilson broke his jaw about 2 and a half years ago. It did heal but we have had periodic complications ever since. his lower jaw does not align properly on one side. Because of this I mostly gave him horn worms because he loved them and it was easy for him to eat. about 5 months ago I was worried about his teeth and decided to try roaches for a while. after a couple weeks of roaches I noticed some infection in his mouth and thought the roaches must have been too hard for him. So I took him to the vet and we started on cipero. it seemed to almost clear it up except one small spot. So we continued. Then I noticed on the side that had the break his gum had began to swell. I thought that maybe he reinjured the jaw somehow because when he first hurt it it swelled in that area and eventually released a blood clot. The vet was able to clear it and it appeared to heal. However this tim e the swell of that gum does not go away and hasnot responded to antiinflamitory meds. more recently he has developed a lump that seems to originate from the area of the break that can be felth through the beard. That lump is growing and it is causeing his tounge to be pushed aside, and he doesnt eat. I was feeding him by syring. On our most recent visit to the vet yesterday she has now gone back to the belief Wilson has cancer. Mr Wilson is my best friend and I am heartbroken. My vet said it has nothing to do with the break and these things happen. I now am tube feeding him. he also still has the infection spot on the otherside. My vet is telling me that is a secondary infection caused by the cancer. At one point the vet did a culture and it came up with nothing. So we are now giving him injections for the infection and tramadol to see if the swollen gum reacts. He is only about 7 years old. The lump seems to have grown more in the last week than in the last couple months.so my questions are. If he does have cancer does it thrive if he thrives? Also because it is in the area of the old break i find it hard to believe it is cancer and not a hematoma or maybe even a cyst? Should I do a byopsy? the vet said it would be too tramatic for him and I kind of agree but again your talking about cutting my dragon so I naturally will say no. I dont know what to do. If I put him through surgery removing the lump rather than just a byopsy would seem to be best however it seems to extend from a swollen gum to a lump in his beard and that much work will be tramatic.. I am heartbroken that he is going through this and I want him to be happy as long as possible. Is this really the begining of the end for him?