POSSESSED?!??

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok- So the title is an obvious joke but seriously IS THIS NORMAL?! HE WENT FULL ON DEMON MODE-

F3F885A7-E8FD-46EF-AEF5-A10DB7507C86.jpeg

Earlier today πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†
Right now πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
4655DB2D-FB67-4E6D-8ED6-428B471F075A.jpeg

ITS SO SCARY- LIKE HE WANTED TO SNUGGLE SOMEWHERE DARK SO I MADE HIM A LITTLE BED AND HE GOT COMFORTABLE AND CLOSED HIS EYES- I GO FOR A PICTURE AND HE BLINKS WITH ALL 1000 OF HIS EYELIDS AND LOOKS AT ME LIKE THIS-

IS HE JUST LOOKING AT ME WEIRD??

Attachments

• 24791875-961F-488C-8118-788856FBDC55.jpeg
    24791875-961F-488C-8118-788856FBDC55.jpeg
    912 KB · Views: 55
  • 5CC796FC-A3B0-4B38-9576-0B1361FB91FE.jpeg
    5CC796FC-A3B0-4B38-9576-0B1361FB91FE.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

ds_1771

Beardie name(s)
Abelardo Texas
I totally get what you're saying! I remember with my first bearded dragon ever he was roaming around happy as a clam and all of a sudden, I kid you not this dragon turned all black. Started moving fast and crazy. And his eyes... His eyes where exactly like that picture of your dragon. He kept them wide open! O.O I put him on his tank and he immediately went RUNNING to his dark cave and stayed inside in a weird position with that scared wide eyed look. Idk what happened. My best guess was that something SPOOKED the living crap out of him. Maybe my ceiling fan? A bird looking object? Till this day I have no idea what happened. I remember for a check up i mentioned that to his veterinarian and she said something about my dragon having a "ADV" episode. Never even knew if my dragon had that disease. But maybe you should get your dragon tested for the Adenovirus illness? Idk just to be on the safe side.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I totally get what you're saying! I remember with my first bearded dragon ever he was roaming around happy as a clam and all of a sudden, I kid you not this dragon turned all black. Started moving fast and crazy. And his eyes... His eyes where exactly like that picture of your dragon. He kept them wide open! O.O I put him on his tank and he immediately went RUNNING to his dark cave and stayed inside in a weird position with that scared wide eyed look. Idk what happened. My best guess was that something SPOOKED the living crap out of him. Maybe my ceiling fan? A bird looking object? Till this day I have no idea what happened. I remember for a check up i mentioned that to his veterinarian and she said something about my dragon having a "ADV" episode. Never even knew if my dragon had that disease. But maybe you should get your dragon tested for the Adenovirus illness? Idk just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for letting me know. He was acting pretty fine afterwards, he just napped and when he got cold I put him back into his tank. I’ll definitely keep an eye on him. Maybe he’s just angry at me for giving him a bath and not letting him onto my pillow- Hopefully it’s just a one time thing because it freaked me out big time!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
The title of this post caught my eye because Rocky definitely had me feeling like WHAT IN THE WORLD at moments. As you mentioned, she snapped out of it (almost immediately). As this is my first reptile, I often wonder if my fear to the situation as I get used to her. Perhaps it heightens her senses in my case or I am jumpy at reactions when I shouldn't be but each day gets easier and easier.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The title of this post caught my eye because Rocky definitely had me feeling like WHAT IN THE WORLD at moments. As you mentioned, she snapped out of it (almost immediately). As this is my first reptile, I often wonder if my fear to the situation as I get used to her. Perhaps it heightens her senses in my case or I am jumpy at reactions when I shouldn't be but each day gets easier and easier.
He is also my first reptile lmao. My paranoid self goes through every possible problem and it usually turns out to be nothing. They love to give owners heart attacks apparently lmaoo

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
They definitely have some odd behaviors. I'm finally getting used to most of my guys' after more than a year, but it's amazing how many times I got freaked out by something only to come on here or another site and find out, "Yeah that's normal, they're just really weird."

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris πŸ’”
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom