Pooping with a little blood???

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Chubbs is in semi-brumation and she pooped normally a few days ago (I wasn't home but my bro was and cleaned it). Today I gave her a nice hot bath (90-95 no higher) and she ended up pooping a tiny bit and she had a hint of red blood while pooping.

I was thinking a prolapse but soon after she pooped I checked and she is clean with no prolapse. Should I be worried? Is it because she was straining to poop? She eats once a week and will brumate normally unless I wake her for food and a bath (she drinks that way). With spring coming both of my beardies are rumbling and moving more in their hides so I know they will be out of brumation soon

Attachments

• IMG_20230305_120512.jpg
    IMG_20230305_120512.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Chubbs is in semi-brumation and she pooped normally a few days ago (I wasn't home but my bro was and cleaned it). Today I gave her a nice hot bath (90-95 no higher) and she ended up pooping a tiny bit and she had a hint of red blood while pooping.

I was thinking a prolapse but soon after she pooped I checked and she is clean with no prolapse. Should I be worried? Is it because she was straining to poop? She eats once a week and will brumate normally unless I wake her for food and a bath (she drinks that way). With spring coming both of my beardies are rumbling and moving more in their hides so I know they will be out of brumation soon
Let's have ahbd help out w/ this
@AHBD

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Did Chubbs eat any type of red or purple food like berries ?
Nope she is just now starting to come out to bask and be active everyday so I'm hoping it was a fluke.

I talked to my vet and he said to keep a eye on it since she may of just strained since she hasn't been eating much. But she is now wanting to eat every day so I'm hoping she will poop and it won't happen this time.

If it does happen again he said to bring her in immediately

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom