Pooped Lego still black beard

EHerb

I hope someone can help so about 2 weeks ago Rex stopped eating thought it was a bit early but not too early as he will brumate in a couple of weeks - I have been feeding him purée greens with calcium every few days and he has been taking that
Last two days black beard - I though it was due to shedding all over his beard
Today he pooped out a 2 notch Lego it was a flat piece but had a hinge on the side - it had two small spots of blood on it with a bit of poop
I gave him water and a cuddle
Usually he goes up to his log to sleep but today he fell asleep under his lamp and he is asleep with a black beard
I have rang the vet going to see how he is tomorrow but after some advice 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Oh boy, You've heard of stepping on a lego... imagine pooing one...

Rightfully so, he's probably pretty sore and upset. Getting into a vet to get an xray might help if the vet doesn't charge you an arm and a leg for it. A lego will be extremely difficult to see on an xray, if possible at all.

Otherwise, there is not much you can do besides hope he passed the only one, and continue with the soft diet to help him heal. If he has more, he's going to just need to continue passing them. Unless you have a very competent vet, surgery would be almost a lower probability of surviving than passing them IMO.

-Brandon

EHerb

Original Poster
Hi there,

Rightfully so, he's probably pretty sore and upset. Getting into a vet to get an xray might help if the vet doesn't charge you an arm and a leg for it. A lego will be extremely difficult to see on an xray, if possible at all.

Otherwise, there is not much you can do besides hope he passed the only one, and continue with the soft diet to help him heal. If he has more, he's going to just need to continue passing them. Unless you have a very competent vet, surgery would be almost a lower probability of surviving than passing them IMO.

-Brandon
Hi there,

-Brandon
Thank you for your reply
He is not as black this morning - thing is I have no idea when he ate it and I’m worried about infection too should I give a probiotic or pollen or just water for now ?
How would I know if he has an infection? If he was bleeding inside would he poop more blood ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might continue to poop blood. That's why it's important to give him a soft diet so that he doesn't have to strain to poo. That would tear any healing that has started. Keep him well hydrated too.

That's good that he isn't as dark this morning. Hopefully it was just one.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Man that is scary. I swear beardies are like toddlers, they will eat ANYTHING.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, now that is a first on here! Unbelievable, I hope that it was just one that was ingested.
It is a good sign he isn't as dark however. If he was bleeding internally, he would likely pass
blood every time he goes to the bathroom. Let's hope that wont be the case!
As Brandon has suggested, continue on with the softer diet right now. Surgery for something
of this nature could be risky. So, for now, if he seems to be stable, you can definitely opt to
wait & see how he does & hopefully he will continue to improve.

Tracie

EHerb

Original Poster
Hello,

Wow, now that is a first on here! Unbelievable, I hope that it was just one that was ingested.
It is a good sign he isn't as dark however. If he was bleeding internally, he would likely pass
blood every time he goes to the bathroom. Let's hope that wont be the case!
As Brandon has suggested, continue on with the softer diet right now. Surgery for something
of this nature could be risky. So, for now, if he seems to be stable, you can definitely opt to
wait & see how he does & hopefully he will continue to improve.

Tracie
Thank you for your reply he is black bearding again on and off so I’m at the vet now
He has pooped a couple of times and no sign of blood
He did take himself off to bed last night and then as soon as the basking light came on he went under it so he is not that bad just peeed off
See what the vet says

EHerb

Original Poster
Don't let them do an enema.

Him still black bearding occasionally would be expected. Especially if it was near a bowel movement as it's most likely still painful for him.

-Brandon
I don’t think they will need to be pooped himself on the way then wanted to escape so stressful
This vet is an hour drive away but it’s the best exotic around he is so black right now I’m sure he blames me for the Lego lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don’t think they will need to be pooped himself on the way then wanted to escape so stressful
This vet is an hour drive away but it’s the best exotic around he is so black right now I’m sure he blames me for the Lego lol
Hes probably in pain and I am hoping he has not done anything inside for injuries-- they may want to take a Xray to see ---

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
Did they do an x-ray at all? I hope he didn't do any damage either. Poor guy, that cannot be fun
at all going through all of this. I still cannot fathom him eating a lego!

Tracie

EHerb

Original Poster
Hello,
Did they do an x-ray at all? I hope he didn't do any damage either. Poor guy, that cannot be fun
at all going through all of this. I still cannot fathom him eating a lego!

Tracie
No she had a really good feel - he pooped on the way so I showed her that she said it was well formed no sign of blood she gave him a shot of pain killer and a one off shot of antibiotics and said he could have wax worms lol and watery veg for a couple of weeks - she said not to let him brunate u til end of nov and if his appatite does not pick up or he still black bearding come back for an X-ray

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom