Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightymouse

My big beardie baby has been taking big normal healthy “log” poos but the last poo was not all in one piece but little “healthy” looking poos. It wasn’t as large as his normal but didn’t look very concerning, is there possibly a reason for this? He seems much happier since I changed his lighting, got him a bigger enclosure and took him to the vet and did antibiotic treatment. When I used to take him out he often just laid there or tried to go in dark corners and hide. But he’s been so much more active and not trying to hide, his tail used to be dark in color and it’s now getting lighter since I put the new lighting. The previous owner had a coil uvb light and a 40 gallon tank for him which I found out was awful. He is now in a 75 gallon tank with t5 10.0 lighting. I’ve been feeding him salads and increasing his calcium and water intake (vet recommended) and he seems happier and healthier but he’s had two of the little poos in total that were just different. It’s completely digested, no blood, not watery, not hard at all..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My big beardie baby has been taking big normal healthy “log” poos but the last poo was not all in one piece but little “healthy” looking poos. It wasn’t as large as his normal but didn’t look very concerning, is there possibly a reason for this? He seems much happier since I changed his lighting, got him a bigger enclosure and took him to the vet and did antibiotic treatment. When I used to take him out he often just laid there or tried to go in dark corners and hide. But he’s been so much more active and not trying to hide, his tail used to be dark in color and it’s now getting lighter since I put the new lighting. The previous owner had a coil uvb light and a 40 gallon tank for him which I found out was awful. He is now in a 75 gallon tank with t5 10.0 lighting. I’ve been feeding him salads and increasing his calcium and water intake (vet recommended) and he seems happier and healthier but he’s had two of the little poos in total that were just different. It’s completely digested, no blood, not watery, not hard at all..
The screen on your tank is a wide hole or fine screen mesh? For a fine screen is it inside the tank?

Mightymouse

Original Poster
On top of the fine mesh. He seems a lot happier with it. I have read that it is strong enough to be on top of the mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom