Poop Smells Bad

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Hello There,
My bearded dragon's poops smell bad and I wanted to know if that is maybe a sign of sickness or something. He seems very healthy so it would not make much sense.

Thanks,
Hatchi

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It depends on how bad, some parasites cause it to reek. I always say if your unsure take a sample to the vet and have it checked. Take it within 24 hours of collecting it, don't refrigerate. Don't over pay either, there was a post the other day where the vet was trying to charge someone an extortionate amount of money. The most i ever paid ws 48 bucks. Also under no circumstances allow the vet to do an enema, it can and often times does end in tragedy.

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
It depends on how bad, some parasites cause it to reek. I always say if your unsure take a sample to the vet and have it checked. Take it within 24 hours of collecting it, don't refrigerate. Don't over pay either, there was a post the other day where the vet was trying to charge someone an extortionate amount of money. The most i ever paid ws 48 bucks. Also under no circumstances allow the vet to do an enema, it can and often times does end in tragedy.
Dear xp29,
Thank you so much for the info! I would have never thought that an enema could do damage! Thanks for letting me now!

Thanks,
Hatchi

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
"Poop smells bad" .....On what other website is a thread title such as this meant in all seriousness and met with serious response... :ROFLMAO:

Dragon owners and poop...

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
"Poop smells bad" .....On what other website is a thread title such as this meant in all seriousness and met with serious response... :ROFLMAO:

-Brandon
Lmao 🤣 🤣

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby

-Brandon
Dear Brandon,
I will be sure to check out your site and the photos. Thank you for your reply!

Thanks,
Hatchi

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom