Poop problems

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi ya’ll! I just got my new beardie last Friday, and he’s 7 months old. Since he’s been home he’s been refusing greens, but eating up bugs with no hesitation. Since he’s growing, I had no worries about this. However, he’s had 4 bug meals and still hasn’t pooped. (I feed him 1 bug meal 2x a day, a variety mix with dubias, soldier fly larvae, and super worms) I understand Juveniles only really poop once about 1-3 days, but since he’s only eating protein, I assumed that he’d be pooping more often. I checked my temperatures and they’re in the correct ranges, and he pooped the first 3 days since he’s been home so I don’t necessarily think it’s stress either. It’s 11:45 am and I gave him a salad at 10:20, and it’s been untouched. Should I keep on schedule and give him bugs at 12:30 like I usually do or wait until he poops? I’m pretty sure he’s not pooping because of the lack of greens in his diet, and I don’t want to keep feeding him bugs if he’s constipated. What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi ya’ll! I just got my new beardie last Friday, and he’s 7 months old. Since he’s been home he’s been refusing greens, but eating up bugs with no hesitation. Since he’s growing, I had no worries about this. However, he’s had 4 bug meals and still hasn’t pooped. (I feed him 1 bug meal 2x a day, a variety mix with dubias, soldier fly larvae, and super worms) I understand Juveniles only really poop once about 1-3 days, but since he’s only eating protein, I assumed that he’d be pooping more often. I checked my temperatures and they’re in the correct ranges, and he pooped the first 3 days since he’s been home so I don’t necessarily think it’s stress either. It’s 11:45 am and I gave him a salad at 10:20, and it’s been untouched. Should I keep on schedule and give him bugs at 12:30 like I usually do or wait until he poops? I’m pretty sure he’s not pooping because of the lack of greens in his diet, and I don’t want to keep feeding him bugs if he’s constipated. What should I do?
You want him eating those salads now - please use the BSFL as lures to the salad bowl and I would feed that first thing in the morning -- what are you getting surface basking temps w/ ? A digital probe thermometer is advised along w/ a long tube fixture for a UVB please no coils

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
You want him eating those salads now - please use the BSFL as lures to the salad bowl and I would feed that first thing in the morning -- what are you getting surface basking temps w/ ? A digital probe thermometer is advised along w/ a long tube fixture for a UVB please no coils
Sorry for the late reply, after I posted that he pooped, lol. But that was about 3 days ago and no poop since then. My surface basking temps are getting about 104-108. I have a long tube fixture, 10.0 UVB. I have two digital probe thermometers on both sides of the enclosure along with a temp gun to read the basking spot temperatures. I’m just having a lot of trouble with getting him to eat salad. What’s BSFL? I’ve tried bee pollen, dried flowers, moving it around, putting bugs in the bowl, nothing works! I’ve noticed he likes bell peppers but will only eat one piece out of my hand and not touch it again. I’ve been thinking about withholding bugs from him, but he’s only 7 months old so I’m not sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry for the late reply, after I posted that he pooped, lol. But that was about 3 days ago and no poop since then. My surface basking temps are getting about 104-108. I have a long tube fixture, 10.0 UVB. I have two digital probe thermometers on both sides of the enclosure along with a temp gun to read the basking spot temperatures. I’m just having a lot of trouble with getting him to eat salad. What’s BSFL? I’ve tried bee pollen, dried flowers, moving it around, putting bugs in the bowl, nothing works! I’ve noticed he likes bell peppers but will only eat one piece out of my hand and not touch it again. I’ve been thinking about withholding bugs from him, but he’s only 7 months old so I’m not sure.
Please do not hold his insects that is his main diet for 7 months --- BSFL are soldier larvae- use those on top of the salads --- is he eating them?

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom