poop problem, need input *graphic photo*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TariStar

Juvie Member
k3xdep.jpg

*photo should not have yellow tint, I think that is from the CFL's in the bathroom, granules appeared white to my eyes.*

I noticed there was a large hard section in Yavie's poop right after the urates and right before the soft poop. when I opened this hard area up there are white granules inside. Yavie has not pooped in a while, but it's not uncommon for her to stop eating and pooping and hide in her cave for a few weeks at a time. She has not been housed on sand in years, nor had exposure to a sandbox. She eats a mix of superworms/large crickets depending on what I pick up. She has never been much of a pellet eater, will sometimes pick at collards and squash.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hmmm, that is odd looking. I noticed you said that your beardie eats crickets. I have heard some people talk about the beardie having cricket eggs in their poop, just throwing that out as a suggestion. Maybe someone else will have some better ideas.

osmbr

Hatchling Member
that is weird :shock: never saw anything like that in any reptile ive ever owned. im interested in hearing what people might think it is

gini

Sub-Adult Member
That's kinda how Freds poo looked today...eeewwww. It is the first time he did it, but it wasn't encased like that. Just loose, chunky like baby poo... :? I hope someone can help you out with this.

TariStar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I wish I would have had time to bag and tag it for the vet :-( next poop I guess.

Jiffy, she used to be allergic to cricket eggs, they'd hit her stomach and she'd vomit them back up. It was very hard separating the very eggy females from the males when she was young, but she was too small for supers then too.

the whole hard case and grainy stuff almost reminded me of an owl pellet... hard calcium like little balls like pieces of bone, but like I said she doesn't eat anything but live insects and sometimes veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom