Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I can't believe what had just happened!
About a half hour ago, I heard Gianna move around on her window perch and proceeded to ask her if she was ok. Instead of saying, "Are you ok, Baby Gianna?", I said, "Are you ok, Babycakes?" Immediately, my heart realized what I had just said and the huge mistake that my brain made, and I burst into tears.

Yesterday morning, during my second half of the trip into work, I suddenly started to miss Pookie, A LOT, and burst into tears while driving on the road.

I'm an emotional mess! :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, Gina, I"m sorry, you're still grieving for Pookie and will for a while yet. I grieved for almost 2 years with Rubio and just recently showed some old pictures to a friend. Took that long to be able to look at his pictures. I never grieved for the others in the same way.

I'm sorry you're an emotional mess, my thoughts are always with you.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb.
I think it's from Facebook's "On This Day" feature, showing me posts I'd made about Pookie from this time last year. And of course, missing Pookie in turn made me miss Digi as well, ergo calling Gianna "Babycakes".

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's just rough to get through it. Curse Facebook and their memories. I posted one that I had to remove (it was about the kids) because Tara asked me to.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Esther19":wichf897 said:
I'm sorry, Gina. It's really tough sometimes, I know. :(
Thanks, Esther.

sweetiepie9":wichf897 said:
It's just rough to get through it. Curse Facebook and their memories. I posted one that I had to remove (it was about the kids) because Tara asked me to.
WHAT?! You're not allowed to post anything about the grandkids on Facebook?! WTF!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Please help me to decide on which photos to use for the 2017 calendar submission. Click on the date text to see them in full view.

Gianna
03-25a
2016_03-25a.jpg

03-31
2016_03-31.jpg

05-23a
2016_05-23a.jpg

05-23c
2016_05-23c.jpg

05-24
2016_05-24.jpg

MoMo
05-21a
2016_05-21a.jpg

05-24a
2016_05-24a.jpg

05-24b
2016_05-24b.jpg

05-24d
2016_05-24d.jpg

05-24e
2016_05-24e.jpg

I need to take some of Squirt.

While looking back on Gianna's photos, I came across this one and, of course, burst into tears:
2016_04-04.jpg

(Gianna comforting her Daddy during his last days)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I cried when I saw that last picture, too, Gina, it's so hard, but she must make it easier to get through these times.

So for the pictures (so hard to pick): best 3

Gianne
03-25a
05-23c
05-24

MoMo:
05-24a
05-24b
05-24d

They are all wonderful pictures!
It was hard to choose.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Could it be? Could Pookie had told MoMo that she's not allowed to brumate anymore and would have to be "in charge" of the household because she'll be the oldest after he's gone?

After hiding and sleeping in my bed for a week, MoMo had suddenly woken up as if it's Spring, eating, pooping, and wanting to sit in front of the windows.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well for some that's the extent of their brumation, makes sense that she'd think it's spring, after all, she slept, right? They so funny. :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3icr6u1g said:
Well for some that's the extent of their brumation, makes sense that she'd think it's spring, after all, she slept, right? They so funny. :mrgreen:
But that's so unlike her though! She's one who slept from end of August to middle of April, without waking up at all in between.
I swear, they sure do like to keep me on my toes and keep me guessing. :roll:

SpacialCoogs":3icr6u1g said:
05-23C and 05-24B are my faves
Thanks! If my memory serves me correctly, those are the ones I had submitted.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They always love to keep us on our toes, Gina, seems I remember last winter she slept for a few months, so she might have just had a "nap" and still be going down for a long sleep. Never know!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
My relationship with Callie just went up another notch tonight! :blob8:

Around 6pm'ish, I had let Zim out for potty. While I waited for him to finish, I went to clean up the mess that the birds and squirrels made, and bring the tray & bowl inside the house. Just as I picked up the tray, I suddenly heard a very faint meow. It was so soft that I wasn't even sure that I'd heard anything, until I turned around and saw Callie sitting on the top side step. Of course, I immediately walked over to her and to my surprise, she met me half way, despite knowing that Zim was on the yard on the other side. But that's not the surprising part! After about 5-7 minutes, Zim finally decided to make his way up onto the deck, but instead of going into predatory mode after seeing Callie standing next to me, he just stood there. Callie, however, decided that she didn't want Zim to interrupt her Gina time, so she walked around to my right side, stopped for a second to gauge Zim's actions, and actually walked towards him! She stood about 5 feet or so in front of him and just stared, then backed up a foot (cat's foot) and turned around and walked to the side step. Nobody hissed nor barked nor raised their fur!

Then, later on, after Callie had eaten her dinner and yummy treats, she suddenly ran off of the deck and onto the grass, ready to chase off whatever she had heard rustling in the back. I called her back and told her that she didn't need to worry about whoever was over there. To my surprise, she trotted back and meowed when she walked up to me. Because she listened, I gave her some more treats for being such a good girl. Because I'd left the bag opened in my lap, Callie decided to place her right paw on my leg to hoist herself up to sniff the bag, then she placed her left paw on my leg, then . . . are you ready? . . . she lay down on my leg! But wait, there's more! She started to gently knead on my leg with her front paws!
:love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom