Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, did she show up for dinner?

It's so obvious that she was waiting for you when you got home so late last night. Love the way she rubs against you and how she knows it pleases you when she plays, your giggles must give that away. :p

Yes, she definitely OWNS YOU. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, how was it that I never checked in for 2 days? :?

Yes, Callie did show up for dinner on Tuesday. I have a story to tell about that, but not right now (it's 12:50am and I need to go to bed before my bedtime warden yells at me).

In the meantime, Callie had transformed into a totally different cat in the past month or so. She is less fearful of Zim, as long as I'm around, and so much more lovable and playful.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Goonie":a3jov9uz said:
Wow, how was it that I never checked in for 2 days? :?
In the meantime, Callie had transformed into a totally different cat in the past month or so. She is less fearful of Zim, as long as I'm around, and so much more lovable and playful.

How could you let 2 days go by without checking in? ;)

See, we told you that she totally trusts you & listens to everything you say. And, you are the "animal whisperer", no doubt about that. 8)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":9smdrqm1 said:
How could you let 2 days go by without checking in? ;)
I have no idea. It's so unlike me. I wonder what I was doing
smiley1943.gif

Remember when I said this:
I'm starting to think that it has become Callie's nightly ritual (for whenever she gets dinner) to have me walk her home
smiley1911.gif
I honestly believe that this is now Callie's nightly routine after she had eaten her dinner and received some attention from me. She would start to take glances at the lot, walk a few inches, come back to me, then repeat, until I finally ask her if she wants me to walk her home. As soon as I stand up, she would start to walk towards home, but always checking to ensure that I was following. Oh, just thought of something else that she'd been doing during our walks back to the lot: she rubs herself on my car, from the back tire to the front tire. I guess she learned that the car is mine and should now be a part of hers as well :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll find that everything she thinks belongs to you will be rubbed over and over. It's her way of telling you that you're hers now. Bet she'd love to rub Zim up and down, too :laughhard: Now wouldn't that be a sight :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Guess who woke up today? Guess who crawled out of her cave today? Guess who climbed up onto her cave and basked today? Lastly, guess who dropped a mammoth-sized poop then begged to come out to play?

It was MoMo! My little sleepy head actually decided to grace me with her presence today!
After I removed the huge poop she dropped onto the alligator (only a couple of inches away from Digi), I picked MoMo up and put her in front of the living room window, where she stayed all day. When she started to doze off, I picked her up to put her back into her house, but decided to give her a big hug and tons of kisses first. I then ended up holding her for a few minutes, and her dark beard turned a pretty orange/yellow color.

I love my MoMo!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Tonight, at ~5:30pm, while I was sweeping up the mess that the squirrels and birds made on the deck, I suddenly had an uneasy feeling and turned around to see what Zim was doing (because he'd suddenly become incredibly quiet). Well, what I saw stopped me in my tracks and left me dumbfounded. Zim was standing on the deck, with the hair on his back standing up, and staring at something over the side steps. I took a few steps to see what he was so intently staring at, and to my surprise, it was Callie. She was standing on the downspout, staring right back at him. I think she was going to come up onto the deck because she had heard my voice, but was surprised by Zim. They were standing about 4-5 feet away from each other, in complete silence, just staring. When I said, "Hi Callie!", she purred and actually contemplated stepping onto the first step. That was when Zim shifted his stance and the hairs on his back raised higher.

After another 20 seconds or so, Callie finally stepped down from the downspout and made a left, around the leftover snow pile just at the bottom of the steps, then walked towards the backyard and curled up in her corner next to the shed. Of course, Zim followed her the whole way but never made a sound. He even kept quiet while I fed her (back at the side yard), until she stopped eating and started to make her circles around me and asking for scratches. That was when he started to pace on the deck and whine like a big baby. And just like the last few times, Callie didn't care that Zim was making a spectacle of himself as long as I was paying attention to her. :laughing6:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Whew! I thought you were going to say Zim saw a skunk or other critter. I'm glad Callie wasn't put off by him. How nice that MoMo woke up today for some cuddling. She sure is a sweetie! :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Things definitely are strange (stranger even for me) around here.

I had totally overslept this morning (woke up a little before 10am, only because I didn't go to bed until around 2:45am), so everyone overslept as well since they were all covered up with their blankies. Digi was the only one up since she slept inside her cave last night. Well, about an hour or so later, Digi made a small poop and immediately wanted out. I plopped her on the floor right in front of her house, and she sat there staring back at MoMo for a couple of minutes, watching her crawl down from her puppy to stand in front of her cave. I think Digi wanted her sister to come out to play too, but I guess MoMo told her that she wanted to go back to sleep because Digi ran towards Zim's bed and stared up at the TV (can't remember what I was watching at the time). Since it was cool in the house, I decided to put her up on top of the couch and in front of the window. To my surprise, she stayed there all day and never once fussed, and what's even more amazing is that Pookie left her alone.

I love my babies!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I was right! Callie hadn't shown up in the mornings because of her last encounter on the deck with Zim.

Since I had been slowly rebuilding her confidence, she finally showed up this morning, bright and early. When I got up at a little past 7:30am today, I looked out the kitchen window and was pleasantly surprised to see her already nestled in her corner of the deck, looking up for any bird to stop by.

She only ate a little of her breakfast before walking away to sit on the side steps. Even after Zim went flying off the deck for potty, she didn't run away. She remained on the deck until he came flying at her on the deck when she wasn't expecting it.

Tonight, she had already assumed her position of 'shed watch' at a little past 5pm. Just as I walked out onto the deck, I saw a blur of white fur disappearing behind the shed, then a lot of rustling in the brush. I have no idea what she saw/was chasing, but apparently it ran off too fast for her because a few seconds later, she came back to her spot. For exception of a few licks, I don't think she actually ate any morsels of her dinner. All she wanted was for me to scratch her, and when I stopped and insisted that she eat her dinner, she started her walk towards the side yard. I chased (not literally) after her to the point where the flood lights no longer shined on the grass. I put her food bowl down and again begged her to eat. After a sniff, she pretty much gave me a "Nope, no want." attitude. It wasn't until I put Zim back into the house that Callie finally took interest in eating again, but only if I spoon fed her (not by choice, mind you -- she walked back to where the bowl was, looked at it, looked up at me, then looked at the spoon in my hand). I fed her spoon by spoon until nearly two-thirds were gone. And it was a full bowl! And whenever I didn't refill the spoon and waited for her to eat on her own, she'd look up at me. :roll:

On to a different subject, but equally "odd". Digi didn't want to stay inside her house again today. She paced and bumped the glass like a jailbird begging to be freed. I picked her up/out and placed her in front of the window again. She stayed there all day until around 6pm, when I thought that she wanted to go home because she kept staring at me. I put her back into her house and not even 10 minutes go by and she started the manic pacing again. She even ignored Pookie while he tried to bite her through the glass! I haven't seen her move that much and that fast since the spring! Not wanting her to hurt herself by all of the glass banging, I put her back in front of the window. Surprisingly, Pookie didn't follow her back up on the couch; instead, he went home
smiley18.gif
. He never once black bearded Digi, but did her a couple of mini head bobs. He'd since been sulking with Mr. Bear.

Does anyone know of a really good shrink who could tell me what's going on here?
smiley1943.gif

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Every time I look at your thread, I see that Callie is getting more and more spoiled rotten. :lol:

Poor Pookie, getting snubbed by the wife of his children, such heart break. I don't think even the most renowned shrink in the world could explain to us what is up with our babies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, guess I missed a lot of Callie, Zim & Digi details. That's great that MoMo got up, what a surprise for you. :) Is she back to sleeping now? Guess Digi just wanted to be out of her tank & wasn't interested in Pookie. Hope he wasn't too heartbroken. :?

Callie is just SO spoiled and has claimed you, your clothes and now your car as HER own. Adorable the way she loves so much attention and knows she will even get more when she doesn't eat on her own, that you will cave in and spoon feed her. :mrgreen: What a spoiled girl she has become.

Hopefully Zim will get used to her and realize that you have enough love to share with ALL of your special critters.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love hearing about your babies and now I consider Callie one of yours, too :D And no, there is no shrink on earth who could even start to tell us about our babies and why they do what they do. As for Digi, she just wants to see out the window, but glad that Pookie is leaving her alone to do so.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I allowed Digi to fall asleep on top of the couch last night. Had her all covered up with her blankie and clipped the CHE onto the bottom of the blinds so she'd stay warm.

Digi stayed in front of the window all day again today. She only moved away for about a half hour or so early afternoon when she became too warm. When she fell asleep around 5:30'ish, I put her back into her own house.
Even though Pookie had seen her in front of the window, he never once climbed up to her side nor tried to climb over the panda divider. He did, however, give her a kiss before she went back home :D

Before I completely forget what had happened last Tuesday between Callie and Zim, I better tell the tale.

We were making our way to the front of the house (she'd already eaten dinner and I was walking her home), with many stops for head scratches, Callie suddenly stopped moving and looked toward the backyard. I knew it couldn't have been Zim coming because he was hooked to his tether line, so I automatically thought that another animal was approaching us. I whipped my head around to see who was behind us and to my surprise (and disgust), I saw Zim making a run towards the shed then made a route change and headed for the woods. Somehow his line had broke and he took advantage of me being preoccupied to bolt. The strange part was that he knew where I was, and instead of heading towards the front of the house, he went to where Callie was earlier that night. Of course, I immediately went into panic mode and took off after him; my haste departure frightened Callie and she ran off toward the lot. Lucky for me that the break on the line was far down enough that I had some to grab onto and stopped him just as he was headed for a down slope.

After securing Zim back inside the house, I went back outside to look for Callie, to ensure that she was ok. Unfortunately, I can't remember if she was still out or already went into hiding :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom