PLS HELP BEARDIE ACTING CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ive had my bearded dragon for almost a year now and he's pretty chill and laidback, but the last few days he's been acting nuts! Hes been glass surfing all over his cage which he rarely does and hitting sand in his water, food, digging like crazy, and Ive had to clean and rearange his tank already 4 times! He wont eat cause he's too busy surfing and looking at his reflection! Hes never done this before and has been in his tank a long time! What can I do for him??? plssss help cause I'm worried somethings wrong and hes really loud when he scratches the glass!

(and its not the lights because he's had it his whole life and yes, I do have a uvb and there has been nothing new to his tank recently but I did rearrange my room, but that was more than 4ish weeks ago so I don't know why he would be acting out like this just pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess it's his hormones and he thinks it's spring fever- mine has been doing this as well and every jan/ Feb he does the same thing- he's 3- to be sure what are you using for a UVB coil or tube? Brand and bulb please? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them?

Emsteremme

Original Poster
hes using a zoo-med 10 uvb coil i think. we had to remove the basking temperature strip but we are going to the store today to get one and some more worms so I will let you know, when we had it on it was around 100 or 80. Do you know when he's gonna stop?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the coil! They are inadequate-- you need a long tube fixture like a zoo med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb- this would be for a 40+ gallon tank - you need to replace this ASAP--PLEASE- You can try your local.pet stores most do not carry the length - you will probably need to order it on line- https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24" hood
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html
This bulb 22"
These people are fast and good
You need a digital probe thermometer zoo med most pet stores carry them
Pangea runs out of these hoods and bulbs fast but you need to get rid of the coil

Emsteremme

Original Poster
oh wait, i just looked up a coil, I don't have that, its just a bulb sorry I didn't know what it was. I have the zoo-med bulb. Also, do u know when this will end?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Possible when you get a UVB--- your dragon is getting sick w/ NO UVB --- please post the pic of the box it came in or look on the bulb and tell me what it is--- behavior is controlled by UVB and basking temps

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thats a coil and they are a terrible UVB -- please get rid of it NOW -- this is the cause of the behavior- dragons can hide health issues for a long time and now its showing --- these bulbs are inadequate ----------------- please get rid of it --- hes basically been w/ NO UVB --- please get what I posted --- they are one of the best on the market at this time

Emsteremme

Original Poster
im 13 years old and my family cant afford that due to covid :( I just love my beardie so much and wish that I can give him the best life possible, do u think u could help me buy that? I just want the best for my dragon. :(

Try covering up three sides of your tank. Back and the 2 sides. If he's seeing his reflection that could make him upset as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom