Please reply is my bearded dragon okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to say the full story with my bearded dragon we are a little short on money, the reason I write here is to make sure he is okay so my bearded dragon is 14months old and sadly still in a 20gallon tank. You see I’ve done research and it said the size of your tank can cause you bearded dragon to not grow now I’m worried because I really love and care for him and I mostly worry for death. I will do my best to save up for a new tank for my lovely Oscar. But I’m super worried that he is not happy and is going to die. Although when I feed him or let him run around on my bed or Just let him chill on my shoulder he seems fairly happy when I do that. I also have received a pretty big pen it has flooring along with walls and he seems to like it when I put him in that with some of his kibble treats. In the end I’m writing to ask is he okay is he happy is he going to die. I’m super worried please provide me with advice. :(
Also I will try to get a image here I am new to this website still figuring out how to use it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Please start looking for a used tank on FB marketplace or Craigslist - if you can find even a 40 gallon tank that would be good - try and get one as big as you can find w/ front doors-- we need to go over Oscars set lighting --- this is extremely important for him to be healthy --- if you find a used tank please get some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out to disinfect it real good

BeardoWeirdo11

Original Poster
Alright I will get that done as fast as possible I really appreciate your help he seems fine he also seems happy he is very good bearded dragon in general although he seems fine with the lighting he enjoys basking the hot side is around 95 the cool is around 85.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please go over your lighting- uvb coil or tube? Basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?

BeardoWeirdo11

Original Poster
Hello I don’t know if you got my last message it’s not saying to sent for me so I will say it again yes I have that thermometer it was recommended to me from the breeder I had gotten Oscar from and I have a uvb coil too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok Oscar is going to need to whole new set up it sounds like- the tank is way to small and his UVB coil is NO Good! Please get rid of that ASAP- you can order one from here and use the bulb that comes /w this fixture for now https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html get the 24" fixture and use the 5.0 bulb for now til you get the bigger tank -- this place I posted is fast and good and they sell out of these fixtures fast so I recommend you get this ordered now- when you get a bigger tank let me know I will tell you what bulb to order or if you want that info now I will post but for now please get the new UVB ordered - it is imperative that he gets the UVB now! The basking temps are hard to keep in such small tanks but its good you have the digital probe please get the UVB ordered NOW -- let me know when you get it and I will help you place it on the tank

BeardoWeirdo11

Original Poster
Yeah alright I will do all that the UVB coil we have been using for a week now the last one we had was better and he seemed to enjoy that one but it burnt out so we had to get him a new one and we could get the same because it was out of stock but we were using the uvb coil until that one had went back in stock. Also I’m I did so much research on bearded dragons but turns out the site was fake so now I’m redoing all my research but this time from book.

BeardoWeirdo11

Original Poster
Also I’ve done my fair share of research on the cheaper routes to go on so what I’m going to do is get a 40 gallon as you said but then we’ll he is in that 40 gallon I will be working on a project I’ve been doing wood work for awhile like a few years and I have all the supplies I need already so the 40 gallon will be temporary then when I’m done with the build he will be in a 75 gallon.

BeardoWeirdo11

Original Poster
Also thanks for all your help. I am learning more about the care of a bearded dragon as before I was using a fake website which I was unaware of at the time as for now I am doing it all on books.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please ask here about the care there are plenty of people on this forum that can answer all kinds of questions ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom