PLEASE READ!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am browsing through forums and see these topics labeling some things that should not be here. I ask those of you in control could block these 'users' or at least delete the posts? I have not looked at them, and i am not planning to, but I don't want this website to be taken over by filth. Please do something about it. :evil:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm not a mod., I saw those posts as well and reported them about 9 hours ago. The mods. are probably very busy but most of them log on at night.

I know it's sickening to see that trash, not sure how so much spam gets on here nowadays.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah I reported at least 50 or so in the past few days. I Alerted a few mods as well. I try to Report any Inappropriate Posts to try and Help get it to a 'clean aura' once again.

On the brighter side Alex(Beardie) has told me that he Has Deleted the inappropriate posts and deactivated the users who have caused the Problems so far; But I expect another wave to hit soon.

When it comes to bots they Spam as many bad posts as they can to get the most attention it seems.

I would say that our best bet is to simply report it and Ignore it, and get back to Beardies. :)

To help lighten the mood lol: View media item 60770 Loki and Daisy say 'Merry Christmas' :D

ScaryDemonDragon

Original Poster
HeeHee! Merry Christmas guys. Also, I want to thank those of you who took the time out of your day to cleanse our community. If it would have kept happening I would have stop visiting this website.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
ScaryDemonDragon":efe0p27p said:
HeeHee! Merry Christmas guys. Also, I want to thank those of you who took the time out of your day to cleanse our community. If it would have kept happening I would have stop visiting this website.
Lol Merry Christmas! :)

Honestly I wouldn't go that severe. Just a simple report and ignore it and Carry on with my day. I love this website, best bearded dragon forum there is in my opinion. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is the best forum, I appreciate the detailed subforums for all sorts of topics. and spam is generally taken care of here pretty quickly. :)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Unfortunately, this is the price to be paid for having anything in the public domain these days. I work in the IT field and mentioned to Tracie in a PM that one way to mitigate this problem is by using CAPTCHAs, which are those picture-based validations you sometimes see when you go to submit a web form. They could be implemented as a requirement for new account creation and/or to post, which generally defeats bots. It's not a cure-all, and I don't like them myself for the annoyance factor, but it's better that the alternative. I really like that this site is a haven from the general ugliness out there and am definitely grateful for the mods and posters for keeping this a friendly community dedicated to our dragon friends!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I reported a few as well. I don't like the idea that my little 11 year old granddaughter (OP) has to be subjected to those types of things, neither should anyone else for that matter. I will continue to watch for these things.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
I reported a few and it made me sure uncomfortable like ugh.. As a minor, I felt so uncomfortable and I do hope the user gets taken down....

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
AHBD":drdi7s2m said:
This is the best forum, I appreciate the detailed subforums for all sorts of topics. and spam is generally taken care of here pretty quickly. :)
I agree, This place is Amazing, Great and friendly users, Amazing staff, and Great info. This website is Just perfect.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for everyone's understanding. :D
I am doing the best I can & will try to be more vigilant in checking more often throughout the day
for crazy stuff going on here!
Please feel free to make suggestions on IT issues to help divert robots, etc, in the Website
Comments so that Alex our Admin, will be sure to see it. Unfortunately, I don't have any IT
privileges so I am not able to make any admin type of changes using IP's, etc.
Happy Holidays to everyone. Don't hesitate to ask anything here.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a balance between putting up measures to keep the bots from creating accounts and posting vs making it relatively easy for humans to access the site I believe. The site seems to be at a pretty decent balance as far as forums that allow worldwide access go. When a bot does get in, it seems to come in waves and a bunch of spam posts appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom