PLEASE HELP

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Good Afternoon,

We did take Lucky to the vet; he had a mouth infection. They gave him antibiotics and fluids and sent us home with a regiment of antibiotics, mouth cleaning (with vet solution) and syringe feedings of food and water. Today he is cruising around his enclosure and seems much better, his mouth amazingly almost better.
Thanks for the update...good news that he is getting treatment.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless him, I hope that the medication will completely clear up his mouth infection. It sounds like he is
starting to feel better. Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight to help boost his system while he
is on antibiotics.

Tracie

LUCKYSGRANDMA

Original Poster
Lucky is doing fantastic! He is eating, drinking and exploring his habitat. The vet has also agreed to see him for his normal vet checks and anything we need.
He is not eating crickets, he has no taste for them. The vet chuckled a bit as he is a picky eater.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lucky is doing fantastic! He is eating, drinking and exploring his habitat. The vet has also agreed to see him for his normal vet checks and anything we need.
He is not eating crickets, he has no taste for them. The vet chuckled a bit as he is a picky eater.
That is great to hear --- what is Lucky eating?

LUCKYSGRANDMA

Original Poster
Vegetables, fruits and meal worms currently and flower pieces made for bearded dragons.
Should he be getting anything else that is not crickets?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Vegetables, fruits and meal worms currently and flower pieces made for bearded dragons.
Should he be getting anything else that is not crickets?
Yes no meal worms-- they have a tendency to cause impaction because of the exoskeleton on them please get him some dubia roaches
www.dubiaroaches.com go by the size on their website - roaches should be no bigger than the space between their eyes -- I would get him some medium super worms feed on his salads 1-3- every other day -- some horn worms as well - they are a soft hydrating worm and grow fast so you can feed those everyday so they dont out grow him - here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
another good staple feeder is BSFL
www.symtonbsf.com use them on his salads feed as many as you want -
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d this is a great salad bowl --

LUCKYSGRANDMA

Original Poster
Yes no meal worms-- they have a tendency to cause impaction because of the exoskeleton on them please get him some dubia roaches
www.dubiaroaches.com go by the size on their website - roaches should be no bigger than the space between their eyes -- I would get him some medium super worms feed on his salads 1-3- every other day -- some horn worms as well - they are a soft hydrating worm and grow fast so you can feed those everyday so they dont out grow him - here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
another good staple feeder is BSFL
www.symtonbsf.com use them on his salads feed as many as you want -
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d this is a great salad bowl --
Thank you, this is very helpful. We do have some super worms and I didn't know that about the meal worms.
I will get some horn worms and, I will try the roaches, he really has had no interest in bugs, just worms. Very picky boy we have here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you, this is very helpful. We do have some super worms and I didn't know that about the meal worms.
I will get some horn worms and, I will try the roaches, he really has had no interest in bugs, just worms. Very picky boy we have here.
You have spoiled him w/ the meal worms they are like candy to them ---- please get a staple insect feeder -- are you dusting his worms ? Calcium D3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene --- I can post how often etc

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear Lucky is eating well right now. They can be very picky for sure. Just try your
best with getting him to eat some variety though I know how challenging it is.
I hope his mouth is going to heal up fully for him, too.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadmuso
Top Bottom