Please Help With Ants

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Woooooo… They’re back again. (Sorry for so many posts on this) It was going so well. Any other solutions? I have :

Cleaned everything out completely (containers and cabinet)
Removed the chemical trail
Set ant traps
Only put food at night (removed it in the morning)
Put Vaseline around all of the containers

And they STILL are in my Dubia roach colony. I don’t know about my superworms but they’re probably in there too. What else can I do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are these the tiny ants ? Is it possible that they were hiding in the wings or somewhere on the dubia ? Post a few pics of the vaseline application on your containers. No insect likes to go through vaseline, it repels them and they also would not be able to struggle through it if it's been put on thick enough.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Are these the tiny ants ? Is it possible that they were hiding in the wings or somewhere on the dubia ? Post a few pics of the vaseline application on your containers. No insect likes to go through vaseline, it repels them and they also would not be able to struggle through it if it's been put on thick enough.
I am currently cleaning everything out to retry. I don’t have the pics of the vasaline anymore but I can tell you it was spread out about an inch. They’re tiny ants but I’ve been checking my roaches so far. It is possible some slipped through but there were HUNDREDS of ants.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So are there hundreds in there again now or was that before ? Put a band of Vaseline about 2" wide all around the top edge of the container they can't get through it.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So are there hundreds in there again now or was that before ? Put a band of Vaseline about 2" wide all around the top edge of the container they can't get through it.
Hundreds now and even more before. Will do, hopefully that works and I can find where they are coming from. Who gave ants the ability to climb the unclimbable 🥲😂

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Woooooo… They’re back again. (Sorry for so many posts on this) It was going so well. Any other solutions? I have :

Cleaned everything out completely (containers and cabinet)
Removed the chemical trail
Set ant traps
Only put food at night (removed it in the morning)
Put Vaseline around all of the containers

And they STILL are in my Dubia roach colony. I don’t know about my superworms but they’re probably in there too. What else can I do?
Food out at night? for the dragon?

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
C9FED0B5-7189-4F6E-93D2-A83CA71E3C45.jpeg

I put it around the sides since if I put it on the top they could still get through.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I had ants in my enclosure once. A substrate(which in my case was newspaper) change and food not being left in when she wasn’t going to eat mostly took care of the problem. I like to think she helped by eating a few but it’s difficult to say.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom