please help - RI not going away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so. We are getting very worried now, and i'm hoping i can get more advice.
Beebs has had an RI for a while. We have had her on 4 weeks of Baytril, and the last dose ended on the 18th. She stopped waking up with a blackbeard for the last 3-4 days, and shes been slightly more active. We figured "hey shes getting better!" so we gave her a bath in VERY shallow water, since that's the only way she will poop.

She acted normal, splashes and poops, and we put her back under her basking lamp. 5 minutes later, she is huffing heavily and has a lot of clear mucus - back to what she was like when she first started her RI. So she's still sick, and was hiding it for the last week.

We will be going back to the vet to request heavier meds. She is not a "true" reptile vet, but she has many years in treating all of the area's reptiles. She was the one who performed her mouth tumor excision in December with zero complications, so we have faith in her.

What kind of meds should we request?

Also, i have been reading on nebulizer treatment, but getting the F10 here in Canada is very pricey. It's not out of the equation, but would it be the way to go at this point?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yes.

The F10sc is pricey , but even a very small 200ml bottle of the stuff goes a very long way as you are diluting 1:500 for sterilization (general) , 1:250 for nebulization, and 1:125 for very nasty germ killing.
Here in Australia it's even more expensive but all vets use it and nearly everyone into lizards and snakes has it in their kit.

I think for nebulization the go is 4ml in 1L of water to get a 1:250 dilution.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232783

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom