please help re: Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2kando

Please please help save me from endless research? :help:

We recently adopted a 4 year old female beardie. The space between her eyes is one inch.

I'm wondering how many dubias I can expect her to eat in a week?

I know it varies- I just want to make sure I am not underfeeding her. The last batch I ordered are the 3/4 inch and she's been getting 8-10 of these dubias 3 times a week along with a salad every day occasionally topped with a few nutrigrubs (I don't think she likes these as she usually only eats 4-5).

This is the first week she actually seems to have an appetite after the relocation. If you don't mind sharing your feeding schedule I would be so grateful-I just need a jumping off point and then I'll be able to adjust if needed. Next time I plan to order the 1 inch dubias. Thanks a million!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dubias are more filling - how much salad is she eating? -- she is a full grown dragon she should be able to eat the ex large roach---- post a pic of her please - so we can see her head /eyes

mom2kando

Original Poster
I'm sorry I forgot to add about the salad- I would say she eats about 1/4 to 1/3 cup a day loosely packed. We make her about 1/2 cup chopped kale/collards loosely packed and a few cubes butternut squash and she never finishes it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok good ---- she should be able to eat x large dubias w/ no problem--- are you getting them on line? www.dubiaroaches.com has the best prices I have found --- right now abdragons has them on sale and they cant even beat dubias prices on sale

mom2kando

Original Poster
Yes- we are actually using dubiaroaches.com I have been so happy with them so far (I've ordered three times so far in all of my ignorance- lol)

Okay so next time the 1.25 inch size? Will they grow much if I order a month's supply?

How many (ballpark) might she need a week?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Figure her eating 3 or 4 at most -- yes get the x large and they wont grow anymore - my two males eat the x large and one is around 20 inches long and the other close to it about 19 --

mom2kando

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I'm so grateful for the time and energy the seasoned owners put in to sharing their knowledge!

mom2kando

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3eye380n said:
Figure her eating 3 or 4 at most -- yes get the x large and they wont grow anymore - my two males eat the x large and one is around 20 inches long and the other close to it about 19 --
oh- I meant to ask is this 3-4 a feeding (3 times a week- so 9-12 a week) or 3-4 a week (so 1 or 2 a feeding)?

TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom