please help re: Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2kando

Please please help save me from endless research? :help:

We recently adopted a 4 year old female beardie. The space between her eyes is one inch.

I'm wondering how many dubias I can expect her to eat in a week?

I know it varies- I just want to make sure I am not underfeeding her. The last batch I ordered are the 3/4 inch and she's been getting 8-10 of these dubias 3 times a week along with a salad every day occasionally topped with a few nutrigrubs (I don't think she likes these as she usually only eats 4-5).

This is the first week she actually seems to have an appetite after the relocation. If you don't mind sharing your feeding schedule I would be so grateful-I just need a jumping off point and then I'll be able to adjust if needed. Next time I plan to order the 1 inch dubias. Thanks a million!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dubias are more filling - how much salad is she eating? -- she is a full grown dragon she should be able to eat the ex large roach---- post a pic of her please - so we can see her head /eyes

mom2kando

Original Poster
I'm sorry I forgot to add about the salad- I would say she eats about 1/4 to 1/3 cup a day loosely packed. We make her about 1/2 cup chopped kale/collards loosely packed and a few cubes butternut squash and she never finishes it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok good ---- she should be able to eat x large dubias w/ no problem--- are you getting them on line? www.dubiaroaches.com has the best prices I have found --- right now abdragons has them on sale and they cant even beat dubias prices on sale

mom2kando

Original Poster
Yes- we are actually using dubiaroaches.com I have been so happy with them so far (I've ordered three times so far in all of my ignorance- lol)

Okay so next time the 1.25 inch size? Will they grow much if I order a month's supply?

How many (ballpark) might she need a week?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Figure her eating 3 or 4 at most -- yes get the x large and they wont grow anymore - my two males eat the x large and one is around 20 inches long and the other close to it about 19 --

mom2kando

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I'm so grateful for the time and energy the seasoned owners put in to sharing their knowledge!

mom2kando

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3eye380n said:
Figure her eating 3 or 4 at most -- yes get the x large and they wont grow anymore - my two males eat the x large and one is around 20 inches long and the other close to it about 19 --
oh- I meant to ask is this 3-4 a feeding (3 times a week- so 9-12 a week) or 3-4 a week (so 1 or 2 a feeding)?

TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom