PLEASE HELP- IS THIS A WORM??

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

Drogon had an accident in his food dish. When I cleaned everything out, I noticed this in his dish!!! Is this a worm??? Is it even possible for them to get this big?? It wasn't moving. Also, Drogon has been acting perfectly fine, very energetic and eating so I have no idea what is going on!

By the way, the green liquid is disinfectant dish soap.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 151

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Could be a noodle.
Did you clean out the bath before?

Is it moving.?
Hi, it's definetly not a noodle. I only feed him buggos and veg. And my bath was clean, he pooped in the dish.

No it wasn't moving at all!

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I wouldn't be too concerned.
As long as he's eating drinking & everything.
Unless a mod can prove here that's a parasite or worm...

It still kinda looks like a noodle

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The best way to know is collect a sample next time he poops anf take it to the vet for a fecal test.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
The best way to know is collect a sample next time he poops anf take it to the vet for a fecal test.
Thanks for replying. Do you know if parasites can be visible in their stool or are they only microscopic?

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Thanks for replying. Do you know if parasites can be visible in their stool or are they only microscopic?
Microscopic.
Invisible
If he had parasites he would be lethargic & not eating well.
His poo would stink

I've never seen or heard of a parasite you can see with your naked eye.
(Bearded dragons)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can be visible, pinworms look like small pieces of thread, you can Google pinworm pictures. Speaking of thread, might Drogon have picked up a piece of thread somewhere on the floor or from your clothes ? Otherwise there's a possibility it's a pinworm.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They can be visible, pinworms look like small pieces of thread, you can Google pinworm pictures. Speaking of thread, might Drogon have picked up a piece of thread somewhere on the floor or from your clothes ? Otherwise there's a possibility it's a pinworm.
I;ll keep an eye on his stool since it's almost time for his next visit. I'll also order some probiotic for him. You know, it makes sense if he did accidently eat a string since I sew a lot in the living room xD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you think it's as thin as your thread ? BTW , I can understand why Skittles thought it might be a noodle because it really looks exactly like a little on. :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom