PLEASE HELP: Beardie very sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have tried contacting vets, but no one is taking in new clients, and my beardie is very sick right now. His mouth has been open all day, his beard is very black and his fat pads and eyes are sunken. He is very lethargic, he pooped the white thing yesterday and still ate yesterday. We've been giving him baths, but I really don't know what else I can do to help him. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thank you so much.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear this, can you post pics of him + his enclosure ? Has he been roaming outside of his cage anywhere so that he might have eaten something off the floor like a coin, rubber band, etc ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I just read some of his history, did the swelling ever go down in his jaw and does he still have the shakes sometimes ?

kalethebeardie

Original Poster
IMG_0086.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg

kalethebeardie

Original Poster
The swelling seems to have gone down, but he is very tense and his eyes are now sunken. The shaking is no longer there. I really don't know how this seemed to have happened, he was fine all along, but suddenly the swelling happened.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh wow, I'm so sorry but he is not going to make it. He must have developed a serious illness/cancer and all you can do is keep him comfortable. You can offer a little pureed food or Critical Care if he wants it but he will 99.9 % not last another couple of days. I'm so sorry.

kalethebeardie

Original Poster
Oh wow, that's what I was guessing as well. I was just hoping he would get better, as he pulled through a few times before. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know, I hate to be blunt and it makes me really sad to say it that way. There's no way to tell the exact reason that he became so emaciated but I mentioned cancer because it's the one thing that can make a beardie go downhill so fast and it's becoming more common. Of course you can still feed him a watery slurry or very small amounts as long as he will accept it.

kalethebeardie

Original Poster
That's sad that it is becoming more common :(( But it makes sense that it may be cancer, as it doesn't seem like symptoms of any other illness from what I've read. We've been making puree for him to eat and giving him warm baths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom