Please help Beardie in Brumation not eating possible Yellow Fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoSash

Original Poster
She has some scales and yellow spots on her on belly. She's always had a slightly yellow color but after researching yellow fungus online more I'm totally panicked. Any ideas... Here are past pictures of her and the recent pictures are labeled. She's always had clean terrarium, balanced diet including live dubias, kale, collards, arugula lettuces, changed the UVB every 6 months faithfully, fresh water and baths etc.. she's still holding her head up and in good spirits but rarely eats and losing some weight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-152943_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-152943_Gallery.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_20211229-152718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-152718_Gallery.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20211229-141022_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-141022_Gallery.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20211229-140704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-140704_Gallery.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20211229-140832_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-140832_Gallery.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20211229-140515_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-140515_Gallery.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 129

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She has some scales and yellow spots on her on belly. She's always had a slightly yellow color but after researching yellow fungus online more I'm totally panicked. Any ideas... Here are past pictures of her and the recent pictures are labeled. She's always had clean terrarium, balanced diet including live dubias, kale, collards, arugula lettuces, changed the UVB every 6 months faithfully, fresh water and baths etc.. she's still holding her head up and in good spirits but rarely eats and losing some weight.
Can't tell about the scales can you please post another pic of her belly holding it up to the camera-- what kind of uvb ? Tube or a coil? She does look thin in the tail- let's work on lighting first- basking temps - how are you taking them and what are they ? You want surface temps not air-or ambient- these are crucial to her eating and digestion and overall health and behavior-

CocoSash

Original Poster
Can't tell about the scales can you please post another pic of her belly holding it up to the camera-- what kind of uvb ? Tube or a coil? She does look thin in the tail- let's work on lighting first- basking temps - how are you taking them and what are they ? You want surface temps not air-or ambient- these are crucial to her eating and digestion and overall health and behavior-
Hi so we use the long UVB tube lighting and the exotic terra heat lamps both daytime and nighttime. At one point the store had us get the ceramic basking light but it wasn't until 2 weeks ago that she started not wanting to eat and started losing weight. She ate a pinky mouse for me a week ago and only like 1 giant meal worm. I'll take some close ups. My phone had taken the original pictures in to high of quality so I had to screenshot to attach the files.

CocoSash

Original Poster
Hi so we use the long UVB tube lighting and the exotic terra heat lamps both daytime and nighttime. At one point the store had us get the ceramic basking light but it wasn't until 2 weeks ago that she started not wanting to eat and started losing weight. She ate a pinky mouse for me a week ago and only like 1 giant meal worm. I'll take some close ups. My phone had taken the original pictures in to high of quality so I had to screenshot to attach the files.

Attachments

• 20211229_170153.jpg
    20211229_170153.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20211229_170108_001.jpg
    20211229_170108_001.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20211229_170222.jpg
    20211229_170222.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20211229_170407.jpg
    20211229_170407.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20211229_170422.jpg
    20211229_170422.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 101

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The basking lamps are Exo Terra bulbs now.
Ok the basking bulbs are good how are you getting the temp? NO stick ons please you want surface temps place the digital probe thermometer on the spot where she sits for basking wait 10 min and then get the temp 95-100 for a dragon 6 months and older
the UVB looks like a T 8 --- please take the clear plastic cover off the fixture leave the bulb exposed if your using a bulb like a Zilla or Thrive replace it w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 -- it needs to go inside the tank directly over the basking decor 6-8 inches -- she is not getting enough UVB w/ the way it is placed now --- this is one good reason shes not eating and losing weight -- as far as the scales go it looks like shed but I want some one else to take a look to make sure --- so I am flagging post -- how old is the T 8 they expire in 6 months I recommend 5 months --- I also recommend upgrading your UVB to a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 22' bulb--- or a Arcadia Pro T5 12% bulb -- or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 6400 bulb -- if you need more help please ask the T 5 will need to be changed out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to
@AHBD

CocoSash

Original Poster
Ok the basking bulbs are good how are you getting the temp? NO stick ons please you want surface temps place the digital probe thermometer on the spot where she sits for basking wait 10 min and then get the temp 95-100 for a dragon 6 months and older
the UVB looks like a T 8 --- please take the clear plastic cover off the fixture leave the bulb exposed if your using a bulb like a Zilla or Thrive replace it w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 -- it needs to go inside the tank directly over the basking decor 6-8 inches -- she is not getting enough UVB w/ the way it is placed now --- this is one good reason shes not eating and losing weight -- as far as the scales go it looks like shed but I want some one else to take a look to make sure --- so I am flagging post -- how old is the T 8 they expire in 6 months I recommend 5 months --- I also recommend upgrading your UVB to a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 22' bulb--- or a Arcadia Pro T5 12% bulb -- or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 6400 bulb -- if you need more help please ask the T 5 will need to be changed out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to
@AHBD
Hi Karrie thanks sooo much! So we had just replaced it along with the fixture. This is the type of UVB we bought ZIL-15W 18" T8 BULB DESERT FLO on 11/26/21. How can we have long fixture inside the tank and the basking bulbs? We can totally upgrade it to a 24". I'm going to do the temperature test right now for basking.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi Karrie thanks sooo much! So we had just replaced it along with the fixture. This is the type of UVB we bought ZIL-15W 18" T8 BULB DESERT FLO on 11/26/21. How can we have long fixture inside the tank and the basking bulbs? We can totally upgrade it to a 24". I'm going to do the temperature test right now for basking.
Replace the Zilla bulb w/ the Repison 10.0 T 8 leave the cover off of it --- use this to hang inside the tank or take the screen off of it so its unobstructed 6-8 inches from basking decor GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
this stuff works great its like a Velcro strap cut into strips wrap around the fixture -- you may haft to cut some of the screen to wrap the strips -- I just repeated my earlier post -- oh well ---------the Repistun bulb is a good bulb along w/ the other fixtures I posted ---- your Exo Terra bulb is a Intense basking bulb ? NO daytime bulbs they have a coating on them called neoyidium -- you want the Intense basking bulb

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you've been taking good care of her and her tank looks good, how long have you had her ? Has she eaten a pinky before ? I don't think that's a factor at all but just curious. The yellow does look like possible Y.F., you can give her a 10 minute shallow soak every other day using 1 part betadine to 10 parts water. Pat her dry after and apply Lamisil or Monistat cream. Only a vet can tell for sure so try to find a reptile vet that can take a skin scraping to verify if this is Y.F. Some vets give oral meds. like voriconazole or itraconazole. Get some Oxbow Critical Care online or from a vet, it's a highly nutritious supplement. Try any type of insect that she might enjoy, superworms, hornworms, etc. Try combinations of veggies , honey + insects to make a smoothie that the she might eat as well. She has lost a lot of weight so hopefully you can get her to eat.

CocoSash

Original Poster
Hi there, you've been taking good care of her and her tank looks good, how long have you had her ? Has she eaten a pinky before ? I don't think that's a factor at all but just curious. The yellow does look like possible Y.F., you can give her a 10 minute shallow soak every other day using 1 part betadine to 10 parts water. Pat her dry after and apply Lamisil or Monistat cream. Only a vet can tell for sure so try to find a reptile vet that can take a skin scraping to verify if this is Y.F. Some vets give oral meds. like voriconazole or itraconazole. Get some Oxbow Critical Care online or from a vet, it's a highly nutritious supplement. Try any type of insect that she might enjoy, superworms, hornworms, etc. Try combinations of veggies , honey + insects to make a smoothie that the she might eat as well. She has lost a lot of weight so hopefully you can get her to eat.
Hi thanks so much for all of your help. Yes she's eaten a pinky before and this last time was after she hadn't been eating. I'll try all your ideas. I've been trying to get her into a Reptile Vet today but they didn't have any openings. How do you think I'd be able to have the UVB fixture inside her terrarium?

CocoSash

Original Poster
Replace the Zilla bulb w/ the Repison 10.0 T 8 leave the cover off of it --- use this to hang inside the tank or take the screen off of it so its unobstructed 6-8 inches from basking decor GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
this stuff works great its like a Velcro strap cut into strips wrap around the fixture -- you may haft to cut some of the screen to wrap the strips -- I just repeated my earlier post -- oh well ---------the Repistun bulb is a good bulb along w/ the other fixtures I posted ---- your Exo Terra bulb is a Intense basking bulb ? NO daytime bulbs they have a coating on them called neoyidium -- you want the Intense basking bulb
Thanks KarrieRee I will do that for sure and appreciate all your help. Oh ya the Exo Terra Bulb is 150 W Intense Basking Spot. The red one for nighttime is also Exo Terra and is the 75 W.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thanks KarrieRee I will do that for sure and appreciate all your help. Oh ya the Exo Terra Bulb is 150 W Intense Basking Spot. The red one for nighttime is also Exo Terra and is the 75 W.
Please get rid of the red bulb-- they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage and it disrupts the sleep - dragons like it cool and dark - dragons have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators

CocoSash

Original Poster
Y
Please get rid of the red bulb-- they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage and it disrupts the sleep - dragons like it cool and dark - dragons have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators
Oh Wow! I had no idea. Will stop using that one immediately. We had just barely started using that again after we stopped using that daytime ceramic one. I'm at the petco now and they don't have any longer UVB on the shelf. You think Amazon would be enough time to help her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Y

Oh Wow! I had no idea. Will stop using that one immediately. We had just barely started using that again after we stopped using that daytime ceramic one. I'm at the petco now and they don't have any longer UVB on the shelf. You think Amazon would be enough time to help her?
As long as you have the reptisun bulb now she will be fine till you get the T 5- most Petco s and PetSmart's don't carry the 24" fixture-- go here look for the zoo med fixture or the Arcadia pro T w/ the 12% bulb
www.pangeareptiles.com - these people are good and fast but your dragon is in good hands w/ the reptisun bulb just make sure the distance and it's unobstructed- also follow ahbd's advice-- here's a website to find a reptile vet www.arav.org type in a bigger city zip code if your in a small town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom