Please help! Baby bearded dragon lost

hunathetuna

I lost my baby bearded dragon! I was letting him roam around my bathroom while i was supervising to make sure he didn’t go under the bedroom door and escape into the rest of the house. I went to check on him since he went under the cabinets and out of sight and he was gone. i’ve looked everywhere in the house, including under the fridge/stove/around washer and dryer/around the heater. he’s been gone for over a day at this point and im so worried and heartbroken. IVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE I CAN THINK OF MULTIPLE TIMES, i dont get it?? Hes around 2-3 months old but hes not THAT small, I haven’t even caught a glimpse of his tail.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I lost my baby bearded dragon! I was letting him roam around my bathroom while i was supervising to make sure he didn’t go under the bedroom door and escape into the rest of the house. I went to check on him since he went under the cabinets and out of sight and he was gone. i’ve looked everywhere in the house, including under the fridge/stove/around washer and dryer/around the heater. he’s been gone for over a day at this point and im so worried and heartbroken. IVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE I CAN THINK OF MULTIPLE TIMES, i dont get it?? Hes around 2-3 months old but hes not THAT small, I haven’t even caught a glimpse of his tail.
Check laundry baskets- closets- kids toy boxes - set up a basking light and some food in a food bowl like some bsfl that they can't get out of - ceramic or glass bowl- some others on here might have some more ideas

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, unfortunately, that happens & they are crafty & very good at hiding!
Just making sure that you don't have another animal in the house that would have gotten him?
Check curtains, as they love to climb, or behind entertainment centers or a desk where there are
cords.
Keep us posted on things!

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If the cabinet has drawers VERY CAREFULLY check thise. Pull them out slowly so you don't smash him if he in in there. Remove the drawers and look behind them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any luck thus far? I hope that you are able to find him. You could also get some of his favorite
insects that move around some & put them in a temporary holding bin with food, to see if the
noise or movement would get his attention.

Let us know if you find him!

Tracie

Beardie name(s)
Fire
I'd maybe set out a hanging heat lamp somewhere in your house if possible......
He might be too cold and want to bask, it also might help you find him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I was hoping for a good update! Any luck finding your dragon yet? I agree that it would be
a good idea to try & put some type of heating/basking bulb for him.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
I have done that when mine was a baby and she for some reason like squeezeddd herseld behind a drawer/table we have in our hallway, even the odd places where you look and say "no way" i would still look lol and she was in my bedroom before but she was still small enough to go under the slit between the door and the floor

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom