Please help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learning

I bought a dragon a couple of weeks ago from someone on a local selling site. I’m a complete newbie but they had quite a lot of dragons.... they were breeders but looking to downsize there lot. She had been with males but I wasn’t aware she was gravid.

Anyway- past few days she’s been digging so I’ve done my research and made her a laybox, within 10mins of putting her in there today she started laying. Within a couple of hours she had laid 23 eggs.
I marked the tops how she laid them and carefully moved them all to the incubator I emergency bought.
Some of them feel quite bouncy and full, a couple had tiny dents and felt quite soft. But I put them all in the incubator anyway as I was unsure and unprepared. Also 2 of the eggs were attached so I’ve put them in like that too- is that correct or should I be trying to separate?

What’s next please? I’ll attach the photos of the eggs placed in the boxes before I put them in the incubator. Please tell me if there’s anything wrong... what I should be doing now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that was a big surprise for you, huh ? The eggs look pretty good but you'll know more in a few days or week. You can gently separate the 2, they may be infertile but either way it's O.K to separate them. In general it will feel a little more resistance than like pulling a note from a sticky pad.

You can check them in 4-5 days or a week for fertility [ some people say right away but it's not always evident ] by making the room dark and shining a tiny pen light up to them. I never used to mark the eggs , I hope that large amount of marker you used won't be harmful because any chemical will be absorbed. You can put lids on but you need a lot of good sized holes. What temp. is your incubator and can you post pics of it ?

Learning

Original Poster
Oh No, I sure hope I haven’t damaged them using the marker. I read on google about marking them- I didn’t even think about them absorbing it oops.
I’m using the egg o bator with the tubs it comes with. Although I really wanted to buy the herp nursery one but by time she started laying all our shops were shut and I had to buy this off a selling site. I’m using a digital probe thermometer in the incubator right now to keep an eye that it holds the right temp. (29oc?)
Thank you for replying to me.

Learning

Original Poster
Oh I also meant to add, the tubs have lids but 2 of the sides have a hole in the top, on the side.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your temp. sounds good, a little lower is fine [ or higher] but your range is O..K
I can't picture the lids as you described, pics would help.

Learning

Original Poster
I’ll post pics tomorrow. Kids are asleep in my bedroom so I can’t put light on to get decent pics
Thank you for your help

Learning

Original Poster
Okay, I’ve tried to photo the vent hole as best I can- but upon checking again each box actually only has 1 hole as opposed to the 2 I thought they had. Would I be better putting a few holes in the lids maybe?

110881-1435624953.jpg
110881-2894839477.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, put a lot of large holes in it. Then every 3-4 days check for excess condensation and wipe it off of the lid so it doesn't drip on the eggs.

Learning

Original Poster
Lots of holes in the lids now.
Wiped a tiny bit of condensation from the lids this morning. Digital probe thermometer giving consistent 30o temps. All eggs still looking healthy for now.
Fingers crossed

110881-356988810.jpg

Learning

Original Poster
110881-9066561204.jpg

110881-4549172288.jpg

Hello everyone, so a week from the eggs being laid... I THINK I see some pink spots in some of the eggs but I’m totally unsure.
None of the eggs have collapsed or dented yet but 2 In one box look like they’re going mouldy. And a couple are slightly brown.
Should I remove the 2 with the white spots? What about the slightly brown ones- because none have dented yet and still feel fairly firm and bouncy.
As always, appreciate any and all advice

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The brown + moldy ones are 99% goners but you can hang on a bit longer to be sure. I'm concerned with the way the marker has absorbed in the eggs, what exact kind of marker was it ?

Learning

Original Poster
It was a child’s none toxic washable felt tip that I used.
I will deffo not mark any possible future eggs tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom