Please help a paranoid first-timer

DElvira

Beardie name(s)
Des-Elvira
I’ve only had my beardie for 3-ish days and my female beardie has begun looking very tired (closing eyes, going under hides/shelter) and while trying to sleep she goes black around her beard and head. Am I being paranoid? She’s just come out of brumation so I think she’s just a bit sleepy because of that? Please help. I’m scared it’s because of poor diet (she doesn’t like eating bugs and to my knowledge has only eaten one in 3 days which worries me too) so tips on getting her to eat live would help. Please, please help me!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’ve only had my beardie for 3-ish days and my female beardie has begun looking very tired (closing eyes, going under hides/shelter) and while trying to sleep she goes black around her beard and head. Am I being paranoid? She’s just come out of brumation so I think she’s just a bit sleepy because of that? Please help. I’m scared it’s because of poor diet (she doesn’t like eating bugs and to my knowledge has only eaten one in 3 days which worries me too) so tips on getting her to eat live would help. Please, please help me!
Please go over the UVB coil or long tube fixture and surface basking temps-- how are you taking them please digital probe thermometers -- they are the most accurate --- we will start there-- what size tank ?

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
What Karrie said, your UVB light is probably the most important thing you can supply for them.
They will fail to thrive if you don’t have adequate lighting.

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
Does she like salad? I am really good at food. What I did, was when some of the crickets died, I would stuff them into a salad leaf and feed it to her because she wasn't eating her veggies. I'm seeing her eat some right now somehow XD Also, you can put some Reptile protein on the crickets (or any other bug) and then do the salad thing for extra nutrition. Or, you can use bugs that don't move a lot but that are still alive for her food (That are safe of course) Or, you can get this thing that has salad, mealworms, and other good things in it and all you need to do is put warm water and It's ready. It is this: it says it does 28 servings and has premium greens, veggies, and insects. (Someone, if this is a bad food please tell me)

Attachments

• images - 2023-05-15T184930.740.jpeg
    images - 2023-05-15T184930.740.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom