Pinworms & Coccidia

jabda

Hatchling Member
Reading says all BD have low amount of pinworms & coccidia.
What is considered a low number?
Just wondering in the event it happens.
Thanks

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
The last fecal I had done showed results on a scale of 1-4. 1 is few, 2 is small amount, 3 is moderate and 4 is many. His pinworms were a 2 with no coccidia. He also had a 4 for entamoeba cysts, but those are often what is known as "commensal," meaning they derive benefit from the host with the host having neither benefit nor harm. He didn't show any symptoms, his poop has always been good so the vet and I decided we didn't need to worry about treatment.

Sorry, much longer than intended. I think ultimately it will be determined by whether it seems to be causing your guy any issues and what you and your vet decide, but generally I would think a 1 or 2 would be considered a low number.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The last fecal I had done showed results on a scale of 1-4. 1 is few, 2 is small amount, 3 is moderate and 4 is many. His pinworms were a 2 with no coccidia. He also had a 4 for entamoeba cysts, but those are often what is known as "commensal," meaning they derive benefit from the host with the host having neither benefit nor harm. He didn't show any symptoms, his poop has always been good so the vet and I decided we didn't need to worry about treatment.

Sorry, much longer than intended. I think ultimately it will be determined by whether it seems to be causing your guy any issues and what you and your vet decide, but generally I would think a 1 or 2 would be considered a low number.
Tracie our vet tech mod needs to address your question
@Drache613

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What are vet acceptable results for Coccidia & pinworms since all dragons have some present?

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom