Pinkish/Whiting skin around the Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjosephs

Hey All,

I came home today and my 7 month old Beardie had some discoloration around his mouth. It's pink looking, doesn't clean up with water and I don't think it's staining from his food. I tricked him into opening his mouth and the gums are the normal pink color and his teeth seems fine. I massaged the area and he didn't react in pain at all. This is not his normal shedding pattern - though he hasn't shed in a couple of months. I've linked a picture below, has anyone seen this before?

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1007/imag0063qf.jpg

Brian

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with Daner923, looks like he is going to shed his lips. Havoc's look the same way before he sheds. How long have they looked like that?

bjosephs

Original Poster
This is the first time I noticed, but my girlfriend says she saw this over the weekend.
1 to 5 days?

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds about right then. Just keep an eye on it and you will see it start to crack and come off the corners first.
This is Havoc a couple weeks ago when his were shedding.

100_0153_zps6b23cbe9.jpg

100_0149_zps999bebcd.jpg

100_0147_zps1968f141.jpg

100_0146_zpsd55fd79f.jpg

bjosephs

Original Poster
Well, mouth shedding was the cause. I came home today and the skin was all cracked up and peeling off. Thanks everyone.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom