Pink urine stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
my GUESS would be it is from the roaches being fed exclusively carrots. but that is just a guess. when you say urine stone, do you mean the uriates in general, or that they are very hard and chalky? if hard and chalky, that would lead me to believe dehydration could be a problem. what kind of substrate are you using? in the picture it looks like sand. what kind of uvb are you using and what is its placement in the tank? i know there will be others online later that will want to know the uvb information since proper uvb is the most important part of their care. they will be able to help you more than i can.

odolino100

Original Poster
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I mean the urate. if it's fresh, it's not hard and crumbly. I use a sand-loam mixture as a substrate. This is mixed with water and after drying out it is very hard and can be digged. As a UV lamp I use the Bright Sun UV Desert, which is available in Germany, three times. It is 45-55 ° C under the sun. This is a metal halide lamp with a ballast, so it should fit.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The poo as a whole looks pretty normal. The discolored urate could be from the dubia's diet, or it could be from over supplementation. How often are you dusting?

-Brandon

odolino100

Original Poster
So at the moment she still gets 3 cockroaches a day. 2 of them are pollinated. Once a week she is not given any live food.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is a very common thing for urates to be off colored. What type of supplementation are you
using & how often do you give it, such as calcium or vitamins?

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try cutting back on the rep to once a week only and see if it improves the urate. You're offering a lot of supplementation by dusting with both products 7 times a week.

Typical schedule would be calcium supp. 5x a week and a multi supp. 1-2x a week.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom