picky eater

bella_r0021

Beardie name(s)
Safira
i’ve got a four-year-old bearded dragon named Safira and the people that I got her from didn’t switch her diet as she got older and now refuses to eat anything but live worms and roaches. I can sometimes get her to take a bite of a strawberry or piece of prickly pear but she won’t eat it on the daily like she supposed to any tips on trying to get her to transition the right way?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i’ve got a four-year-old bearded dragon named Sophiro and the people that I got her from didn’t switch her diet as she got older and now refuses to eat anything but live worms and roaches. I can sometimes get her to take a bite of a strawberry or piece of prickly pear but she won’t eat it on the daily like she supposed to any tips on trying to get her to transition the right way?
Try adding some BSFL to the tops of the salads www.symtonbsf.com order large -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
its hard to get them to eat salads when not starting out as babies -- her insects should be fed 2-3 times per week and what kind of live worms are you feeding? You will need a good salad bowl to keep the BSFL in
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
these are nice bowls -- and salads should be fed everyday --- what kind of UVB are you using ? a coil or a long tube fixture ? If its a long tube what bulb are you using a T 5 or a T 8 -- this is critical for Calcium D3

bella_r0021

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Safira
i use a 75w coil UVB. Right now she’s eating every 1-2 days with dubia roaches and super worms with some prickly pear if she decided to eat that. every once and a while she will get a horn worm but i’ve heard and been told they aren’t good for your beardie with every feeding.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i use a 75w coil UVB. Right now she’s eating every 1-2 days with dubia roaches and super worms with some prickly pear if she decided to eat that. every once and a while she will get a horn worm but i’ve heard and been told they aren’t good for your beardie with every feeding.
Horn worms are good for everyday feeding --- I feed mine when I have them everyday since they grow so fast --- for the coil UVB please replace it as soon as you can ---- they are terrible UVB's --- please get one of these
Pet Smart now carrys them if you have one where you live
24 watt 12% bulb Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one -- what size is the tank? 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank you will need to change out the bulb if the tank is 40 or over and get this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
please do this as soon as you can -- and please post back on here when you get the UVB --- distance and placement will be determined by your screen

bella_r0021

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Safira
i just got her about a month ago. i think my info is messed up on my page but she’s in a temporary tank and all the bulbs and things are what she came with. i live 58 miles from the nearest pet store so i’m going on Wednesday to get a new tank and whole set up i’m just trying to figure out the food situation so i can get what i need when i go to town. ideally i’m going to get her a 4’L 2’w 2’h tank and all the proper heating, lighting, substrate and everything she will need.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i just got her about a month ago. i think my info is messed up on my page but she’s in a temporary tank and all the bulbs and things are what she came with. i live 58 miles from the nearest pet store so i’m going on Wednesday to get a new tank and whole set up i’m just trying to figure out the food situation so i can get what i need when i go to town. ideally i’m going to get her a 4’L 2’w 2’h tank and all the proper heating, lighting, substrate and everything she will need.
Ok I would shop on line and scout out those stores you are going to on line first --- most do not carry a 4x2x2 tank -- the biggest you might get is a 40 gallon not big enough --- please do look here for tanks
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.symtonbsf.com
www.zenhabitats.com
You want your lighting up to par before anything -- the tank can come later -- but I would shop on line first - even the stores you plan to visit -- or call them to see what they have for inventory-- you want a tank w/ front doors -- food situation? for the dragon?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can get feeders set up on recurring shipments online if you want that. Better than driving 60 miles every week. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom