Picky Eater baby

Zucchini

Original Poster
This is Lenny. We got him almost 3 weeks ago. The first week he wouldn't eat anything. The past week he was eating up to 20 dubia roaches a day. Today he only ate a couple He won't eat BSFL. Salads or crickets. He gets a bath every 2-3 days. He is starting to shed a bit. He is active and seems content. He gets very dark at night. Does he look healthy?

Attachments

• img-4b6f533e.jpeg
    img-4b6f533e.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 56
  • img-877eac59.jpeg
    img-877eac59.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 43
  • img-55ad876c.jpeg
    img-55ad876c.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is Lenny. We got him almost 3 weeks ago. The first week he wouldn't eat anything. The past week he was eating up to 20 dubia roaches a day. Today he only ate a couple He won't eat BSFL. Salads or crickets. He gets a bath every 2-3 days. He is starting to shed a bit. He is active and seems content. He gets very dark at night. Does he look healthy?
Your little guy really has the stress marks - please lay off the bathing and start dropping water on his nose till he licks offer the water every couple of days - the bathing is stressing him out- shedding can effect the appetite but he still should be eating something - so w/ that being said please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- also your uvb coil or long tube fixture--

Zucchini

Original Poster
Your little guy really has the stress marks - please lay off the bathing and start dropping water on his nose till he licks offer the water every couple of days - the bathing is stressing him out- shedding can effect the appetite but he still should be eating something - so w/ that being said please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- also your uvb coil or long tube fixture--
Basking temp is about 105 which he uses some but he spends alot of time under usb and a bit lower in the 95ish rage of the tank. Uvb is t5 10.0 high output.

I think he got a bit stressed when his picture was being taken.

We were very hands off for the week till he ate but we will pull back on the handling again. It's only been about 10 minutes a day of handling.

His tank only gets down to 74 at night. Is that ok?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking temp is about 105 which he uses some but he spends alot of time under usb and a bit lower in the 95ish rage of the tank. Uvb is t5 10.0 high output.

I think he got a bit stressed when his picture was being taken.

We were very hands off for the week till he ate but we will pull back on the handling again. It's only been about 10 minutes a day of handling.

His tank only gets down to 74 at night. Is that ok?
How are you getting the basking temps? Probe thermometer or analog or IR gun? The 74 is good for night time temps-- the 10 min of handling is good hand feed him some bsfl or treat worms - get a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in his hide so he gets used to your scent- this will help him learn to trust-

Zucchini

Original Poster
How are you getting the basking temps? Probe thermometer or analog or IR gun? The 74 is good for night time temps-- the 10 min of handling is good hand feed him some bsfl or treat worms - get a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in his hide so he gets used to your scent- this will help him learn to trust-
He never uses his hide out or cave. We use Probe thermometers but I do have a ir gun just for curiosity. Any tips to get him to eat the bsfl because he won't even give them a chance. I will put something in his cage with our smell.... could putting new things in his cage like the plants cause him to get nervous again?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He never uses his hide out or cave. We use Probe thermometers but I do have a ir gun just for curiosity. Any tips to get him to eat the bsfl because he won't even give them a chance. I will put something in his cage with our smell.... could putting new things in his cage like the plants cause him to get nervous again?
Yes they don't like change but you can leave them in there are they live plants? You don't want him eating something that's toxic in case he eats it-

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom