Phoenix Worms are soooo smallllll!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
I just got my Phoenix worms today from WestCoastRoaches. I won 500 for 29$ which is a good grab. I never used them before but know alot about them. I new they were small but I figured they be atleast the size of a Waxworm. I got the medium size ones and there about 1/3 the size of a waxworm and about 1/32 size superworm!
WestCoastRoaches told me there grow a tiny bit bigger but not much. I know there suppose be the best calcium feeder and some will say there the best staple overall! My question is, with them being soooo small, how do you feed them to normal size beardys? It would take almost 200 them a day to fill a dragon. Do they fill them up more because there healthy?

King-13inches-5months old eats anywhere from 20 25large superworms a day (I know the rule of thumb but he does perfectly fine with them cuz he is huge for 13inches & I watch him chew them and check his poop daily)
Princess-12 1/2inches-6months old eats anywhere from 40-60 Medium Mix Size Roaches a day.
Knight-9inches-2months old eats around 30 Small-Medium mix size roaches a day

drakedragon

Juvie Member
you can feed them yourself to fatten them up a bit.

just cover some wholemeal bread with some baby food (fruit ones or veg ones), change it every few days and they will double in size with a few weeks

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got a Kritter Keeper.
I got Multi Grain bread.
Got 1thing a Squash babyfood and 1thing of SweetPeas babyfood.
I took the crust off the bread and used the baby food to spread it on both sides for its covered with babyfood.
Then I put the worms in.
Did I do it right?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Did you get the UTH(zoomed I believe the brand is) to keep under the keeper? They won't do anything is they aren't warm enough!

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No but I put it on my Cable box so that will heat it up.I heard they will eat just not as fast if its not the right temp. I put 250 in there and they all burrowed into the bread

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a hanging lamp thing I got from PEtco for I can move the basking light where I want it for one of my dragons. & atm there is a 150watt bulb in there so I hold it like 8inches above the screen, not to mention the dragon is few inches under the screen so her temp is at 100. But I put the Kritter Keeper ontop the screen with the light hitting it and my dragon. At the moment I just turned the lights on about 15 20minutes ago and at the bottom of the Keeper it says 91degrees. I know its better have a heat source from the bottom but thisis just going to have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom