Pheobe's First Time In The Back Of A Police Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, worse comes to worst, I did a stupid thing. A very stupid thing...

To start of on our story we must venture back to a few days ago, when I decided that on Saturday after work I was going to head home and visit my parents (They live three hours away in another city) at the time, I was told that a huge snow storm was coming, but as a Canadian citizen I've come to adapt to the horrible conditions and decided to continue on anyway, as I am no stranger to snowy weather. So, at nine o'clock at night last night I packed up Pheobe, a few fish I was bringing back home and a bit of clothing for the following days and out I went, of course checking AMA road reports and seeing my way home was all green roads.

But, what I was not expecting is having absolutely no visibility whatsoever. Anyone currently living in the prairies and surrounding regions currently knows that this storm is causing collisions, leaving people stranded and cutting off power. The wind gusts are up to 110 km an hour and the snow is like bullets. But, was I deterred even after my mother basically pleaded me to stay home, not one bit. I'm very impulsive, and when I set my mind to something, I do it. So, I did. I made it about a half an hour out of my city, with the journey taking over 2 hours because of how slow everyone was going because there was no visibility. And that, was when my stupid mind realized. Hmmm...maybe my mother was right....?. Of course, Pheobe was just sleeping through the whole thing, she doesn't care. Anyways, after a screaming match with my mom over the phone I decided *Sigh* to turn back around and head back home :? which I was very annoyed about, but I felt I had no choice.

Now, I turn around and start heading back the way I came. I go only a few kilometers absolutely seeing nothing in front of me, behind me or beside me, the only thing I'm using to guide myself is the feeling of the road and trying to stay to the right side incase of incoming traffic. Well, then a CURPLUNK. It turns out, I had actually driven to the other side of the road without even knowing it and had slid right into the ditch of the opposite side of the road I was supposed to be on.

107439-7482662899.jpg
107439-3434048221.jpg
107439-2344142860.jpg

Now, stuck in a ditch, I call AMA, what a shock, their not towing in my area. I'm in the middle of a Canadian snow storm, literally blocked into my car with ninety kilometre wind gusts unable to see a goddamn thing, and on top of it. I have an Australian cold blooded desert animal on my chest that if she goes outside in this, would die in a matter of seconds. So, AMA says I should call my local RCMP for a ride home. Which, I do, only to be told they would get to me 'eventually'. So, Pheobe and I in these perilous conditions, sat in my car for over three hours until a police cruiser finally found us. So, I bundle her up, and run the literal hell in the snow storm to their car. It's 2 o'clock in the morning, I'm freezing, and throughout all of this, Pheobe is just sleeping :| what a shock.
107439-3368451209.jpg
107439-1433081073.jpg

So, Pheobe got to ride in a police car! and that's my story of yet again my stupidity on this website. Feel free to take a look at my other posts to this forum and you'll see what I'm talking about. I wanna seriously thank the RCMP for literally saving the life of my bearded dragon and the fish I had with me.

I still don't have my car back, it's annoying :lol: and Pheobe is very happy to be home.
107439-6080028172.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Holy smokes glad everything turned out good-- you and the rest of the lot could of all froze to death
Karrie

MNEXUS

Sub-Adult Member
i`m not gonna lie, i HONESTLY thought, I, would be the first to post that my beardie had to ride in the back of a police car. :D Glad to hear all worked out and you and Phoebe are fine.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Good grief, what an adventure! So glad that you, Phoebe, and the fish all made it home okay... from what I hear, Canadian snowstorms are nothing to sniff at! Warm up and I hope you get your car back soon! :)

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Whoa! So glad you guys are okay!
That picture of Phoebe wrapped up in a blanket and smiling is so cute! Even though she was mostly asleep, I'm sure she appreciates that you managed to keep her safe despite the situation.

Cheers from me and Fifa (our bearded dragon)! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom