Petsmart beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
gimmexthexloot":qx5d3ed9 said:
Thats not true. I mean we buy from a breeder one state away but we buy directly from them.

sure
what breeder then? Id be willing to bet its the main suppliers business partner (as they have 3 other "hubs" that they supply from). But say or do whatever you want on this thread as I honestly do not care. I would never give my money to one of these pet store giants as they are out for money only and give a sh!t about the animals that they are torturing.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
I understand that a huge majority of petco stores arent run right, im constantly having to tell people that the stores just 5 miles down the road misinformed them greatly. But that doesnt mean that all petco managers are ****ing retarded.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
gimmexthexloot":25s4u4jp said:
I understand that a huge majority of petco stores arent run right, im constantly having to tell people that the stores just 5 miles down the road misinformed them greatly. But that doesnt mean that all petco managers are ***** retarded.

havent met one yet that did. And especially havent met any that practiced good care. Weather you know the right answers or not has no bearing on if you are using that info. You are controled by your head office on how you have to set the animals up. And from what I understand if you change your setup from what they tell you to have it can get the manager in deep sh!t if not fired.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
No, im given a certain amount of space and pretty much given free reign as long as my animals are healthy. I stopped ordering a lot of species of reptiles so id have more room for the ones i have, and the last district inspection we had we got great scores. Now most petcos arent like that, most are raised in horrible conditions

doodlelou

Original Poster
I just heard back from the local breeder that I contacted so I am going to check out his facility and beardies in person! YAY!

Will post again when I get my little guy (or girl) :)

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
I love that people on this forum are so passionate and really express their views honestly :) We wouldnt be such good slaves to our beardies if we were not so passionate about them.

I think it's great that there are the occasional petstore that really does care (or at least the department managers etc do) and puts in the effort. The only trouble with that is if the general public assume that because one store knows its stuff then all the others of the same name will do as well and not think to double check.

Thats my lil opinion anyway. :)

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
I'm probably one of the few that has gotten a Petsmart beardie and had success with her. But thank GOD for this site because they DID sell me a bunch of CRAP that I could have saved $$$$ on for better things (which I did end up needing because ...they sold me useless crap). If I had to do it over again, knowing then what I know now - I'd go with a breeder most likely.

YES many if not most of the beardies at Petsmart/Petco - chain pet shops have tiny ones, sickly ones, etc. I'm just glad I rescued Angie from them!

doodlelou

Original Poster
It will be a little while before I can post pics. Going out of town in two weeks and don't want to leave the little guy in someone else's care while I'm gone. So probably looking at getting on the first of November, I can't wait!! I will post when I get one. Thanks!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Yes i could have avoided being negative like that, i apologize spyder. I just have put so much time and effort, and even some of my own money buying correct supplies for our dragons that petco would not purchase for me, and yesterday i had a kid that had bought a beardie down the road at petsmart and they told the kid that he only needed a heating pad and no lights for his little beardie, so it really frustrates me when somebody blindy attacks all pet stores using information that they are not even positive is always true. But i do apologize spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom