Pet store horror show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Walked into an accredited local pet store today wanting some things for my BD and decided to go look at the FD's they had 2 I was thinking of getting 1 if they were still there and not already sold. Looked into the en-closer to see 2 dead juvy FD's my wife almost cried. Jerks irritated me badly, I ended up getting a Horned Mountain Dragon instead. This is still bothering me 6 hours later. Man what jerks anyways... just thought I would vent this out.

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
Chances are if they were juvi's they were wild caught or farmed and brought over in horrible condition. In this case, other than them buying animals in such poor condition to sell, they may not have been the real cause of their deaths.

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
Of course, I can't disagree with that. Every "good" pet store (I use that term loosely) should go around every half hour or hour to check for any dead animals and have a "sick room" for ones who are ill. #1 Seeing dead animals won't make customers want to buy an animal. #2 It's not hygienic for the animals who are alive in the same enclosure.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Just a footer... there wasn't any live animals left in that tank. :( Man I was so thinking of getting one too, had my eye on one for about 2 weeks, not sure if it was the same ones as that was conflicting information that I got from 2 different employees that work there. Oh well if I do get another lizard I prolly get another BD instead as I have gotten to know their species and needs better.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I like their look and attitude, how they let you know on their bad days to leave em be, it's great. LOL I still love my BD to death though, he's a wonderful little squirt. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom