Perseus will only poop outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
We have a year old beardie which we adopted about three months ago after we lost Atlas. This guy used to poop in his enclosure but throughout the summer we would take him outside to soak up the natural sun rays aand he started to use the bathroom on the grass and seems to have taken to the idea that he is suppose to do so only on the grass?? We noticed this behavior when he didn't go for about three days(it was rainy) and when the chance to go outside he went alot on the grass. In fact we can't get him to go in the bathtub? How can we possibly change this behavior, or maybe not change but...alleviate?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can definitely be trained by routine that way. I think a lot of them prefer to poop outside of their enclosure, given the option. I use the routine to make it easier to clean up. My guy was trained to go on linoleum floor in the mornings which worked out pretty well. In your case, maybe getting a square of astro turf or something like that might be helpful. Set that up maybe near a window or under a portable basking light and put him there around the same time that he typically goes. That might help to tweak the routine to allow him to get out of the enclosure, but go indoors while the weather isn't warm enough outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom