Permanent free roam beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakenCola

have my dragon in a huge tank but I’m interested in the idea of getting a tank to keep on the floor for heat, uvb and food and just letting him come and go as he pleases. I live in a studio apartment with just other reptiles so I’d just have to get a couple door snakes for the closets and he’ll be fine, it’s all just one big room. He’s a year old right now and has been allowed to roam around whenever for his whole life, so he’s definitely not afraid to be out

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have had the opportunity to keep a dragon in that fashion as well. As long as your area for his
roam space is secure from things falling on him, or him falling off of something high, there isn't
any reason why he can't enjoy that type of lifestyle.
The most important things are that there are no cats or dogs to get him & that he is able to get
to his heat & UVB when needed for large portions of the day.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do this as well. I have a MVB (UK Arcadia w/power converter) and a heat lamp set up in a corner of the living room set on a timer with some basking rocks underneath. The floor is kept clean and there are no other animals around so my guy gets to roam around as he pleases. The longer he has done that, the more I look at the enclosure I once thought was huge and now it seems almost inhumanely small (it's only 36x18x18 so it is small for an adult). It probably depends on the dragon a bit too. If your dragon tends to be pretty energetic, then the exercise allowed by the increased space is likely to be a great benefit to their health.

76248-3663097448.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom