Pellets instead of Veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itnas

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizz
I have a question. Can you give pellets instead of vegetables? I'm not talking about just the pellets of course I'm talking about pellets with freeze-dried vegetables specifically this one Amazon.com. Of course, you should still be feeding live food but instead of vegetables could you do this?

Solution
I use moistened pellets, specifically Hikari Dragon Delite, as a once a week treat because my guy absolutely loves them. I view them as similar to us eating a Powerbar or drinking a meal replacement drink. They do provide some good nutrition and are better than nothing if you run out of other food, but they aren't really good as the only source of nutrition despite what the packaging would have you believe.

SPandS

Juvie Member
They get almost all their water from fresh greens and veggies. Without it you can cause them to become dehydrated. Plus fresh stuff is way more nutritious.

Itnas

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizz
Yeah but it says the food can be moistened to increase daily water consumption and couldn't you just add vitamin supplements to it?

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I use moistened pellets, specifically Hikari Dragon Delite, as a once a week treat because my guy absolutely loves them. I view them as similar to us eating a Powerbar or drinking a meal replacement drink. They do provide some good nutrition and are better than nothing if you run out of other food, but they aren't really good as the only source of nutrition despite what the packaging would have you believe.

Solution

Itnas

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizz
Alright, thanks so it can't really be a good replacement for fresh vegetables but it is good to have on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom