Peeping Charlie (warning lots of images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon loves to peep on people who are in the room xD LOTS of pics; almost all of them are taken on different days as she grows. The enclosure has also undergone a lot of renovation which you will also see as i upload in the next posts

note, she is not glass surfing in any of these pics! Charlie has never glass surfed even once; she literally just sits at the front and observes; and she seems pretty content with doing it haha

Early peeping days
KL1XqJw.jpeg

qDkn481.jpeg

OGaCt93.jpeg

35psMYn.jpeg

43P2ezc.jpeg

ZadtB3b.jpeg

Ndq8c7q.jpeg

46e5FxK.jpeg

Qk1ocXP.jpeg

YfKWlqQ.jpeg

FlVtY5D.jpeg

XCcpH3q.jpeg

dpK4r98.jpeg

g4OLdA9.jpeg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
as early days continue.. so does her curiosity !

0hedtm0.jpg

xuQysgE.jpg

MmAoFDC.jpg

GLKH1Qz.jpg

u2BeBbb.jpg

xRNci3i.jpg

8FhrsKv.jpg

Oc64GWL.jpg

EuGvMpy.jpg

OtAI9cc.jpg

aa8avKr.jpg

z6ykzIC.jpg

NedaMyc.jpg

Her enclosure seemed a little lacklustre and sad, i had removed things recently due to Taro's surgery but it was only around this time i was realising there wasn't much to engage with besides the back resin for climbing and the cave/bridge thing.. ive always been scared of beardies trying to eat fake plants or wood items rotting/carrying fungus or bacteria of some sort... but i began to break my fear of this

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
So.. as a starting point to break my overprotective fears; i got a fake plant with a little pot in the corner. Here's when i first set it inside:

8p8xMDi.jpg

MHbfamS.jpg

I went to K mart for about an hour to get a picture frame, and i come back to this:

pkUqkcE.jpg

HeoXjWx.jpg

a nice smelly turd on the cave and charlie taking no time to brave the new thing to sit on xD

Now that shes enjoyed the new thing, shes back to her usual peeping habit:

bwoxCGh.jpg

TpFDLxr.jpg

5TGsftr.jpg

5nx4O2W.jpg

IihiJKC.jpg

wWyk8Lu.jpg

sQzZ8CC.jpg

rhVSbom.jpg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
I wasn't too happy with the lighting and knew this needed to be fixed for a long time, so i finally had the capacity to do so right after i moved house, here's the progress:

NtZkUIe.jpg

3TN3tFy.jpg

the foil was a temporary diy fix until my actual clip on reflector came in the mail !
Charlie's temporary home while the works were being carried out:
uPYiunm.jpg

The final product:
59IXm5x.jpg

zO3aqAn.jpg

she was quite happy with it immediately. I also got rid of the resin climable parts as i was worried she would burn herself on the lights. She still can climb a little but cannot sit or bask up there anymore

giCM7GS.jpg

Back to more peeping charlie:

u7O0XPW.jpg

xbIviyc.jpg

6Hxldl9.jpg

Xkj7ANX.jpg

she will stare if i dont get up before she does to turn on her lights haha:
5YvniTU.jpg

cFQeVqx.jpg

saRUI9D.jpg

BXs21tm.jpg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
A break from peeping, to have a bath and some time next to me watching random videos

m2dIAR5.jpg

burrito time is her favourite part of the bath
upOsgas.jpg

JdRIZtD.jpg

DUYPrde.jpg

some cuddles and some rest

before back to peeping:
eL983En.jpg

1LTcCOf.jpg

i also let her run around the house often now that she has space to do so, but sometimes i dont really know what shes actually trying to do..

yEpKk3g.jpg

wUzXaeJ.jpg

mLzJFok.jpg

it was getting to be late in the evening so i figured maybe she was looking for somewhere to rest, so i put her on a blanket on the couch and she just snuggled into it

h73FG3J.jpg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
trying new veggie toppings (red peppers) in her usual salad of coriander, kale and rocket (which shes very good at eating actually !)

ECvwo8u.jpg

she gave the red pepper one lick and was done

wSJ94om.jpg

guess its not a win, i'll keep searching for what she likes !

more blanket times. I just set the blanket in front of her and she goes right in xD
eqI476p.jpg

WhrUsWr.jpg

arVPu02.jpg

NIotphu.jpg

HGW9WJT.jpg

tmg5FTX.jpg

CqNNhgm.jpg

uhek5t4.jpg

gkAandL.jpg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Sometimes she loves burrito time so much.. she doesn't want to go back in her enclosure.. so i just put her as a burrito in there and let her come out in her own time

0BDCJpB.jpg

Fb7sQlA.jpg

codNQWD.jpg

back to peeping as usual

y1PAMSu.jpg

YXGdelV.jpg

HIeLOfA.jpg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
more reno time, this time i was tired of the paper towels; so i went to explore some more diy with a trip to bunnings

5QLm9R8.jpg

eDJpeQe.jpg

tD2f9nz.jpg

UlBYNP2.jpg

ontop of the tiles.. i decided to maximise the space a bit more too. I know i will need to upgrade her enclosure size (i was told 3ft is enough for life by a few different breeders smh); Charlie is an active and curious beardie who needs more things to play with.. so i did away with my fears and bought her some more things to help with enrichment.

Its also getting much warmer in Australia; so for safety sake ive swapped the halogen to ( https://www.arcadiareptile.com/heating/heat-projector/ ) arcadia's deep heat projector that i had been using on a low setting previously. This bulb is NOT the same as ceramic heater, its actually extremely powerful and Arcadia claims on this page that they are better than halogen bulbs. Not too sure because its supposedly new. I like it though because i can hook it up to a thermostat and then use LED light for visual effect in my spare socket, since the DHP does not project light; its safer for hot Australian weather than a halogen bulb; im giving it a try

sPYWwBx.jpg

1Q63VVP.jpg

which she took to liking straight away as usual XD
3sYi9Fb.jpg

SzxvSWz.jpg

rLGVawj.jpg

eUvrOAh.jpg

aSk5vT1.jpg

2Lm7dJN.jpg

such a gracious girl and so patient with me :oops:

0crpb8f.jpg

WyLq9qW.jpg

ipDvhXz.jpg

I5ho3C5.jpg

0xOrdo4.jpg

c1hcO3S.jpg

(sorry for the prints, know that glass needed a clean !)

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Because shes a girl and i wanted to give her more things to do; i also made her a dig box with flaxseed to dig around in... which of course, like all things i give to her, she took no time into playing with it straight away:

3uS0xVx.jpg

7V6EPQf.jpg

xE0dXbD.jpg

JnolqTD.jpg

despite all these new things to play with.. she still loves to peep on whos in the room:
I8dpa3z.jpg

iT9vfHA.jpg

rw2uclb.jpg

ebEW5O3.jpg

K8FKqOn.jpg

and here we are today...

3mXvHbN.jpg

Yt8SQYX.jpg

as Charlie's peeping days continue XD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I spent about 5 minutes peering at the peeper. :) She sure is a pretty dragon and she's enjoying life to the full with all of her decor changes and outside time. I got a kick out of her peeping though, really cute !

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
AHBD":18vr2vd2 said:
I spent about 5 minutes peering at the peeper. :) She sure is a pretty dragon and she's enjoying life to the full with all of her decor changes and outside time. I got a kick out of her peeping though, really cute !

As thanks ! She is, i love her bright colours and her eyes are just so expressive its very funny xD i have too many photos of her peeping; sometimes I can't stand her peeping and I just feel urged to take her out and give her cuddles (I wonder if she's learned that it gets my attention easily??)

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Too cute. Thanks for posting those photos. I catch Volcano staring at me all the time and when I turn and look at him he quickly turns his head the opposite way like crap he caught me watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom