Peeled bearded dragons shed!!!

Aruna

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Aruna
I am a first time reptile / beardie owner. I feel terrible, I did so much research and yet did not know that you are not supposed to help peel your beardie’s shed. My beardie is a 1 year old female and this is her first shed with us, we got her a little over a month ago. It was flaking off her face and her back began to peel too so not knowing it was bad I bathed her and then peeled it all off. She seems fine and has ate since and is now in her basking spot. She doesn’t appear to have any wounds but the shed was moist so now that I looked it up I realize my mistake and know it was too early and that regardless pulling shed is a huge no no. I feel awful and just want to know she’ll be ok. I gave her another bath to soothe her. Will she be ok! Will post a photo of her after her bath after peeling shed. Again I don’t see any wounds and will obviously NEVER do this again but I’m panicking that I’ve made a terrible mistake and that she won’t be ok

Attachments

• 2F3E47E2-3399-49C5-8DA9-A3C31982F9AE.jpeg
    2F3E47E2-3399-49C5-8DA9-A3C31982F9AE.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 177

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
If wounds do start to appear, then you could put some raw unpasteurized Honey on it and just watch it. She could have damaged scales after a while but.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Yes, She will be fine. You just need to treat the wounds if they do appear and hopefully she will go back to normal. Let me know in a few days how her scales are doing

Aruna

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Aruna
Hello,

She should be ok & hopefully her scales wont have any damage either. You can post pictures
for us so we can see it a bit better.

Tracie
First photo is directly after her bath after she was peeled 😣 and the second is her about five days before to show the stage of her shed , her face and legs it was all just falling off with the slightest touch but her back and belly was just beginning to curl up in places

Attachments

• 8420193D-1CA5-4683-903B-CDECAEF65722.jpeg
    8420193D-1CA5-4683-903B-CDECAEF65722.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 131
  • F383C133-4BEA-434C-AE93-6585962FC44B.jpg
    F383C133-4BEA-434C-AE93-6585962FC44B.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 120

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Don't feel bad, you didn't know, now you do. She looks good, just keep a close eye on her. Like Tracie said, keep posting, we will all be glad to help a newbie! Best of luck.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom