Passed away or Brumation? Help!!!

amb907

So for quite a while now our beardie hasn't really been eating or anything and sleeping more etc. which we know are normal things now and then for a beardie during brumation etc. We got him about 3 years ago so I would say he's about 3-3.5 yrs old. Things I looked up that time seems about right for brumating. Unfortuantely on monday (halloween) at night I went into the room where our beardies tank is and he didn't look right to me. I mentioned to my husband (who is the main one that takes care of him so he would know better than me) and I said that George didn't look right and I thought he was dead. His bear was black and he legit looked I hate to say it but dead. My husband thought the same and right away opened his tank to check him. His arm was a little stiff but it seemed like he got it stuck and after we moved him it seemed fine. How ever he did not wake up at all with the moving or anything. It was night time so his normal sleep time but he usually wakes if we were to come in room or move him as well. Well we didn't want to automatically assume he had passed and decided to wait till the morning to see if any change. We put him under his little cave. Come morning he was still in same position and looked the same. Here it is days later and the same no rigger nothing so we did have a little hope maybe it was just a deep deep brumation period. Today my husband (whose been in a little denial that he could has passed) said he thinks its time as George seems to be bloating. So my question is how do you know for a fact the difference between passed and brumation (again no rigger still after a few days just not some bloating). Last thing we would ever want to do is assume he's passed and then miraculously he hasn't.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nevermind, he has indeed passed :(
That is terrible and shocking at the same time--- I am so sorry! Were there any other signs of him being sick- they do slow down in the winter w/ the not eating etc but for him to just up and pass away is mind boggling! Can you tell me what you were using for a UVB and the temps in the tank?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm so sorry to hear your beardie passed, my condolences 😢

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is horrible having to deal with the reality of them passing, when you had assumed he was just
brumating. I am so sorry that you lost him, suddenly. :cry: It is the worst feeling in the world.
They mask their illness so well, until it is too late.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom