Parasite or something simple

Denise89

Beardie name(s)
Phoenix
Hello. Newbie beardie owner. Would his basking temps not being high enough have anything to do with digestion and poop? I got my beardie baby thu 1/12/23. He’s about 4 mo old.

About the last two days i realized his poop was was not as solid as the first two.
His poop is still in shape of a little log but it’s sitting in a liquid.
There is No been change in behavior, he eats great races to his feeding bowl, eats his veggies great, stays under his basking light and very alert.
Should i worry, one of those online vets told me he has parasites but i don’t wanna freak out if it’s something as simple as lighting, type of veggies or something with his enclosure.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
basking and uvb definitely play into digestion. are you seeing undigested food? the extra liquid usually just means he's getting enough hydration. how bad does the poop smell? normal dragon or does it make you gag and need to leave the room? if it's just normal stink there are probably no parasites.

Denise89

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Phoenix
basking and uvb definitely play into digestion. are you seeing undigested food? the extra liquid usually just means he's getting enough hydration. how bad does the poop smell? normal dragon or does it make you gag and need to leave the room? if it's just normal stink there are probably no parasites.
The poop isn’t nothing that’s over whelming seem like a normal stink to me. No not seeing anything chunky or undigested when i cleaned it up.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
he's probably fine then. you can always post a pic the next time he goes and we can take a look.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can also collect a sample and drop it at the vets for testing. Take it in within 24 hours and don't refrigerate it. Don't pay a crazy high price, there is another thread where the vet was trying to charge them a crazy amount. Here in vegas the most I've ever had to pay was 48 dollars. Also don't ever let the vet do an enema on your dragon to get fecal matter to test, it can and often does end in tragedy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom