Outside question and suggestion

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys i planned on giving my 2 some outside time in my front yard but my landlord decided to put down weed killer about 2 weeks ago. And i was wondering if it is now safe to let my 2 beardies out in my front yard or should I play it safe and find a different alternative? And if i need a alternative would a big kiddy pool filled with soil be ok for them to roam? Obviously high enough so they won't run away and I will be a helicopter dad so no predatory birds come and in case they get spooky. Was advised by my vet since it's nicer whether (like today) to let them "bake" in the sun and it's natural rays so I have them on my lap at the moment

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Some weed killer and pesticides stay for years. Find an alternative. One i use is a ferret nation habitat in my back yard. But remember the black trays need to be covered with a food grade shelf liner or towels ect because they WILL get hot enough to burn them in the sun. Also put some sort of hides in there also so they can get out of the sun if they need to. The big plus of these cages is that birds abd other predators cant get to them so you dont have to hover over them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Find out what herbicide was used. While some do stick around, most common used ones don't once they are dry.

The kiddie pool idea would work as long as they couldn't get out of it and had places to go for shade and cooling off.

-Brandon

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Find out what herbicide was used. While some do stick around, most common used ones don't once they are dry.

The kiddie pool idea would work as long as they couldn't get out of it and had places to go for shade and cooling off.

-Brandon
I think it last only like 4-8 hrs I couldn't let my dogs out for a few hrs I'll have to check and see to be sure. I agree with the kiddy pool they are still slightly spooky naturally but are getting used to it more and more. I was told potting soil without chemicals and/or play sand for them to run would that be fine?

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom