Outdoor playpen ideas

Hi. I've been wanting to get a playpen for my Bell. I've looked on amazon for rabbit runs and ferret playpens. Does anybody have any recommendations? I would prefer something with vertical bars so he cant climb out( I know I could get one with a net/cover but I need something that's relatively lightweight and I'm not trying to block his view or the sun). Would 1" bar spacing be too wide for a year old beardie? Again any ideas/recommendations are welcome. I will post a pic of what I'm most likely going to get for him. Its 18"Lx29"H with 1" bar spacing.
71TToflCqHL.jpg

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
I got an amazing one off Chewy. It is fully netted, but netted on top so that he gets sun. It is easy to put up and take down and super big. I also got a smaller one on Amazon that is equally as nice, we use the smaller one on our front porch and the larger one by the pool when we are out there. I prefer the fully netted ones to keep birds and bugs outside away from him. We live in Florida so we also have to worry about fire ants if we did not have it enclosed all over. I feel these are safer for our outdoor time together.

chewy

amazon

Attachments

• 20220505_125725.jpg
    20220505_125725.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220530_140103.jpg
    20220530_140103.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 93

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I use a ferret nation cage outside. Its lets in lots of sun and keeps out anything big enough to hurt them.
One word of caution, the trays are black and can get very hot. Drawer liner or towels ect keeps them from getting hot enough to burn them.

The a link is to the single level cage. They also sell two level cages that can be isolated from each other if you have more than one beardie.
They have enough room for them to roam a bit and to add decor, hides and such

Krisuncula

Original Poster
Also any thoughts about 1" bar spacing? Bell is a year old now so nearly full size. I just dont want him getting his head stuck you know? I think 1" should be close enough together but I'd like a second opinion.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My ferret nation has 1 inch spacing and i have never seen any of mine try to get through. The bars are vertical that helps, i wouldn't do horizontal they might try to get through those

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If you are going to stay outside with them the open tops are ok, but we have falcons and hawks here. I have had the falcons try to snatch 1 of my beardies and 1 of my ferrtes and i was holding both when it happened. Just be careful. Not trying to scare ya but birds Can be a problem depending on where you live

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I got an amazing one off Chewy. It is fully netted, but netted on top so that he gets sun. It is easy to put up and take down and super big. I also got a smaller one on Amazon that is equally as nice, we use the smaller one on our front porch and the larger one by the pool when we are out there. I prefer the fully netted ones to keep birds and bugs outside away from him. We live in Florida so we also have to worry about fire ants if we did not have it enclosed all over. I feel these are safer for our outdoor time together.

chewy

amazon
I've see a few other people that have those, seems like a great idea and I recommend them as well.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom