Outdoor agrression

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcook19

Hi, my Bearded Dragon is about 5yrs old and I have had him for two years. He has never shown any kind of aggression in or out of his indoor enclosure. I recently built an outdoor enclosure for him and as soon as I put him in it his beard went full black and he seemed very agitated. I left him out for about an hour and when I went to check on him he still seemed highly agitated. When I tried to pick him up he inflated his body, his beard went black and inflated and he tried to bit me SEVERAL times. I managed to scoop him up and bring him back inside, where he became his normal calm and docile self. Is it normal for a Beardie to react like this? Doe he need time to acclimate, or should I forget about the great outdoors and leave him indoors?

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
it is a great to take him outside when ever you can so i would keep trying to see if he calms down and i would only do it for short bouts of time as not to stress him out too much.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I would suggest staying out there with him and talk to him to make him feel more secure. You are his constant, he trusts you. I think what happened is he felt very insecure with that type of surrounding. Way to many things out there that he doesn't recognize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom