Our little lizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp1d3r1987

Beardie name(s)
Lizzy
Well hello,
My partner and I recently got a 3month old baby beardie. The pet shop owner sold us everything we need. Uvb tube, heat lamp, Viv, lock, tree to bask on / hide under.

We have had her for a little under 2 weeks now and I believe she has just started her first shed.
Found a few bits of skin in the Viv tonight and all of her back has gone a much paler colour.

She is still eating well and still friendly. Not so keen on gentle back strokes ATM which I understand.

Currently Lizzy is on crickets, mealworms, the odd waxworm.

She's about 8" from nose to nail.

Attachments

• PXL_20220210_193107452.jpg
    PXL_20220210_193107452.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 129

Sp1d3r1987

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzy
So with baby beardies it is either going to be like some days they're EXTREMLY hyper and other days they're super sleepy so considering how old she is i'd say that's normal
Well atleast were doing something right then 🤣

Will look into dubia roaches.
Currently trying to get the crickets to breed in the tank we got for them so we don't have to keep buying them 🤣

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I have a bearded and dragon and I just got her and they said that she is fine if I give her baby meal worms because they have softer shells

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Here is my beardie posing for me a long time ago:)

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_152351.jpg
    IMG_20220125_152351.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 78

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Ok this is getting really weird but is anyone else reading the ridiculous stuff that’s being spewed out ? Mealworms never will or have caused a respiratory infection.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
If her back is getting a pale color she’s likely just starting to shed? She looks great and healthy. Mealworms like hdochow said can cause impaction I would try some black soldier fly larvae my guy loved them when he was younger.

Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I have a 4-5 month old Baby Beardie and her name is Hazel. we have had her for around 8-10 weeks now. We feed her Small Crickets and Mealworms and she is very energetic. We take her out of her cage and run with her harness on daily. We take her a bath not often but if we have time, so I will say about at least once every 2 weeks. These little guys are so adorable! I love Lizzy's patterns and colors!

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
You might want to find a new vet if they told you mealworms were fine because they had softer exoskeletons. Superworms have softer exoskeletons than mealworms but anyone on this group will advise against superworms until your dragon is older and I would guess that the majority would advise to stay away from mealworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom