Our beardie is walking wonky?

CAMM2008

Hi all! Our 5 year old beardie (we have only had for a month) is walking like he is completely off balance with head and arms flopping side to side? I have a video but it doesn’t appear I can upload :/ he doesn’t appear to be eating a lot and is always sleeping and floppy

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
The video file might have been too large. The new iPhones have very high res videos so they can be tricky to post. Sounds like neurological problems of some sort. Could you post photos of your set up and let us know the basics, like what size reptile tank you have, which UVB light you're using, etc. I recommend Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 HO (high output). What is the temperature in your basking zone and your cool side? Do you have a digital reptile thermometer with a probe end to make sure your temps are accurate?

From reading other posts, I've seen situations where beardies developed neurological problems due to issues such as inner ear infections, parasites that affect absorption of nutrients, dehydration, and even certain viruses. Sometimes, bearded dragons can get intestinal blockages called impaction, which also can present with some neurological issues. If you describe your set up and care (feeding, water, bathing, etc.,) it may be easier to narrow down potential causes.

CAMM2008

Original Poster
The video file might have been too large. The new iPhones have very high res videos so they can be tricky to post. Sounds like neurological problems of some sort. Could you post photos of your set up and let us know the basics, like what size reptile tank you have, which UVB light you're using, etc. I recommend Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 HO (high output). What is the temperature in your basking zone and your cool side? Do you have a digital reptile thermometer with a probe end to make sure your temps are accurate?

From reading other posts, I've seen situations where beardies developed neurological problems due to issues such as inner ear infections, parasites that affect absorption of nutrients, dehydration, and even certain viruses. Sometimes, bearded dragons can get intestinal blockages called impaction, which also can present with some neurological issues. If you describe your set up and care (feeding, water, bathing, etc.,) it may be easier to narrow down potential causes.
Thank you I’m hoping this video works - I have a vet appointment tomorrow fingers crossed - we are so worried

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was not able to view the video -- please go over the UVB your using-- coil or a long tube fixture and where in the tank is it if its a T 5 or a T 8

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom