Our beardie is really sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent he is doing so much better! I'm sure that his mouth feels a lot better now. Maybe the lump on top of his head
will eventually go away as well. Feel free to update whenever you would like, as well as pictures, too.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can anyone tell me if this article about Beardies closing there eyes when being stroked is true? A quick summary is that they close their eyes because they don’t like it.

I do not believe that is true- I was told it is a sign of trust -- Hiccup does it all the time when I stroke his head and he does not run away as I stroke his head when hes in the tank or out on the back of the chair or when sitting on me and does not move or turn black etc -- I think that article is wrong

Sriley

Original Poster
I do not believe that is true- I was told it is a sign of trust -- Hiccup does it all the time when I stroke his head and he does not run away as I stroke his head when hes in the tank or out on the back of the chair or when sitting on me and does not move or turn black etc -- I think that article is wrong
I agree. I did end up reading another article that said it is true in some ways but that when there is a bond and trust that closing of their eyes is a good thing. There really is so much info out there that contradicts it self or that is down right wrong.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I tend to agree that many times them closing their eyes is them relaxing. I have never had one of our dragons act as if they were in
fear anytime I petted their heads.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom