Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Finding a good herp vet can be a real challenge. I’m not familiar with Greek and Associates (we’re down in Mission Viejo), but looking at their reviews, pictures from customers and such, it looks like they are well reviewed and the photos from customers shows a number of exotics. So I’m hoping they will work for you.

Sriley

Original Poster
Finding a good herp vet can be a real challenge. I’m not familiar with Greek and Associates (we’re down in Mission Viejo), but looking at their reviews, pictures from customers and such, it looks like they are well reviewed and the photos from customers shows a number of exotics. So I’m hoping they will work for you.
Thank you for your response. I’m just hoping it won’t be to crazy expensive. We have already spent $500-$600 on the other vet and supplies. It makes me feel bad because it isn’t a matter of not wanting to spend the money it’s just not having it.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Thank you for your response. I’m just hoping it won’t be to crazy expensive. We have already spent $500-$600 on the other vet and supplies. It makes me feel bad because it isn’t a matter of not wanting to spend the money it’s just not having it.

:cry: Yeah. I hear you. $500-600 is already a lot of money.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it is very hard finding a good vet! I am not familiar with those associates but I have actually heard of them before. I hope
that they are good & show empathy.
It doesn't appear that he ha cancer so that is good news.
Manuka honey is a bit more medicinal than traditional raw honey, but either one would do just fine. How are things going today?

Tracie

Sriley

Original Poster
Hello,

I agree, it is very hard finding a good vet! I am not familiar with those associates but I have actually heard of them before. I hope
that they are good & show empathy.
It doesn't appear that he ha cancer so that is good news.
Manuka honey is a bit more medicinal than traditional raw honey, but either one would do just fine. How are things going today?

Tracie
Things have not got much better. He past three days we have been able to get him his full dose of meds and most of his food and some water. The food has a lot of water so I didn’t want to keep stressing him out.

I have tried to find out if there is calcium in the Emeraid food supplement but I wasn’t able to find anything. Should we be adding a little to the mix?

The swelling on his lip is still there. I attached a pic. There is still manuka honey on it so it looks a little brownish

Attachments

• 298AFE19-6DE9-48EE-BD3A-59EAF0A27402.jpeg
    298AFE19-6DE9-48EE-BD3A-59EAF0A27402.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 487E3789-C919-43A6-8806-47D4FE831C44.jpeg
    487E3789-C919-43A6-8806-47D4FE831C44.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 98

Sriley

Original Poster
Mushu is still holding on. He still isn’t moving around much but he will usually lay under the heat Bulb and UVB bulb for most of the day. Then randomly he will get up and move around a bit. Look at his reflection for a while and walk down and into his hide.

I wipe his swollen mouth with water and a q-Tip and re-aply the Manuka honey every day and he gets his meds and pain killers, some food, and some water every day and I think he ate some of the vegetable/fruit mix I put in for him. It’s more of a treat salad then anything else. Just hoping he eats something.

I went to the Vet Greek and associates and they seem very nice. I’m hoping to take him next Tuesday. That was the first opening the had and the put me on the list to call if something opens up sooner. Also went to Fullerton Regional Vet hospital. They were recommended by Greek and Associates but they have the same wait time and a waiting list.

Thank you all for giving me a place to look for advice and to vent.

Attachments

• 426C8E6B-C3F9-4707-8514-26D92AD8E632.jpeg
    426C8E6B-C3F9-4707-8514-26D92AD8E632.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 99

Sriley

Original Poster
Mushu is still fighting. So a few posts back I mentioned that we had never really seen him get a really dark black beard before. Even through everything he has been going through it got a little gray-ish but never black.

Well that is until just a few hours ago. He was up on his basking shelf. Crawled up there on his own and was standing up strong for the first time in a long time, with his head lifted towards the heat of the bulb and his tail arched up. He looked like he was enjoying the feel of the heat. He looked alert and for a few seconds I thought maybe he is starting to get better, then he turned around and started crawling down his ramp. He got half way down and his beard turned dark dark black, so did the 2 patches on his shoulders. They were as black as any pictures I’ve ever seen and he tried to scratch at the lump on his head a few times.

Part of me would love to believe that maybe he is starting to get better with him moving around more and all and maybe he is getting some energy back and he just over did it a bit but I would be lying if I said that’s what I thought it was. I still have hope but the poor little guy has lost so much weight and seems so miserable.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'm hoping and praying for Mushu, Sriley. Sounds like he's fighting the good fight. :)

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Sending all the best thoughts and healing energy to Mushu! I hope you get some answers on Tuesday from the new vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We are definitely all pulling for Mushu, I know how emotionally draining it is when
they are not doing well.
Keep us updated on his progress.

Tracie

Sriley

Original Poster
I don’t know how this little guy is hanging on. I am going to call first thing in the morning and try to convince them to see us right away. His mouth has gotten so much worse or at least it looks worse. I’ve been putting manuka honey on it every day. I use a Q-Tip and fresh water to try to clean it up before I put fresh honey on it. He doesn’t flinch or pull away and doesn’t act like I’m hurting him when I try to clean it off.

If it is mouth rot or am infection of some kind wouldn’t he flinch or pull back?

I think some of the discolor is from the honey but not sure.

Attachments

• BE9533A0-863E-4D09-AAB7-EF19FF7F3371.jpeg
    BE9533A0-863E-4D09-AAB7-EF19FF7F3371.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 101
  • EBAD5DA9-91C0-45AF-AE7D-F466C5E748A0.jpeg
    EBAD5DA9-91C0-45AF-AE7D-F466C5E748A0.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 0D8CB46C-FEDF-412F-9CE7-698E2B3E3CC6.jpeg
    0D8CB46C-FEDF-412F-9CE7-698E2B3E3CC6.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 97

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little buddy, my heart really goes out to him and to you. :( There may be some type of abscess or cyst under the skin but it definitely needs to be seen by an experienced reptile vet. The swelling in back of his head went down though ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom